X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football 2019 - Week 2

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Exactly. That's the reason for no prediction from me. No clue what will happen. None of is know.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My prediction I think it’s a 2 possession win for the tigers. With it being a close game till late, but won’t be shocked if it’s a little closer. Texas has talent where it matters most clearly to compete with most, and is a team that’s worth respecting. In the end i just think LSU has a few more talented players than Texas and it puts them over the hump in this game. If Texas wins it’s cause they are the better team Saturday as we seemed to be comfortable with the new offense. I saw no blown assignments or trouble getting set properly etc. So no excuses should Texas come out on top i don’t believe a lose this week is a death sentence for either team. Let’s just get to Saturday already!!!!

31-21 LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Didn't yall lose most of your Oline and your best RB?

Sounds like its gonna be a newbie convention in the trenches when yall have the ball...

We lost our best OL to the Saints. He’s a starter as a Rookie. But we return the majority of our OL.

We got depth at RB. We don’t have an Etienne but Corbin looks the part and has some experience.

Our DLine is legit. Maybe the best in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        Justyn Ross had 1 snap, Lawrence had 9 passes and Etienne had 8 carries in Cstat. IT's going to be an uphill battle on the road. Clemson looks the part to me.

Etienne causes me more concern than Lawrence. Elko will have a good game plan, he seems to be one of the best at his position. I expect a competitive game.

Comment

I didn't get to see the Longhorn game as we only have Hulu at the lake. Sounds like they did what they needed to do. I did watch the Aggie game and Mond looked really good. The defense looked sound but, the OL looked pretty bad. Coming from a Longhorn, we know what bad looks like and it's not something you fix overnight. Hopefully, I am wrong and the Aggies pull it off. But I just don't see that happening. But as someone already stated, this game does not define their season.

I have no idea what is going to happen in Austin this weekend. I fear that the lack of depth as a whole will catch up to the horns. I worry about the CB play. That should be a strength but sadly has not been the case yet. I predict it will come down to whether Texas can get any kind of a run game going by anyone without the initials S.E. On defense, it all comes down to the CB play. Maybe Orlando can dial up some schemes to help hide them.
          Last edited by Rush2Judge; 09-03-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            My prediction I think it’s a 2 possession win for the tigers. With it being a close game till late, but won’t be shocked if it’s a little closer. Texas has talent where it matters most clearly to compete with most, and is a team that’s worth respecting. In the end i just think LSU has a few more talented players than Texas and it puts them over the hump in this game. If Texas wins it’s cause they are the better team Saturday as we seemed to be comfortable with the new offense. I saw no blown assignments or trouble getting set properly etc. So no excuses should Texas come out on top i don’t believe a lose this week is a death sentence for either team. Let’s just get to Saturday already!!!!

31-21 LSU

Backwards.

31-21 Horns.

See how silly predictions are?

Comment

More good stuff from these guys.
              I'm rooting for the upset of course, but they have solid data driven analysis.
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kru-o-QHYk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kru-o-QHYk[/ame]

Comment

I'm not going to comment, just leaving this here for those interested in good college football information.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUegAXhC68"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUegAXhC68[/ame]

Comment

Which Texas DB was signaling pass incomplete while the La Tech receiver was running downfield with the catch [emoji23]

That was pretty funny. Surprised no gif has made it to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Backwards.

31-21 Horns.

See how silly predictions are?

It’s just something to pass the time I’m fully expecting it to be no where near my “prediction” [emoji1787].... your guess is as good as mine

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                      I didn't get to see the Longhorn game as we only have Hulu at the lake. Sounds like they did what they needed to do. I did watch the Aggie game and Mond looked really good. The defense looked sound but, the OL looked pretty bad. Coming from a Longhorn, we know what bad looks like and it's not something you fix overnight. Hopefully, I am wrong and the Aggies pull it off. But I just don't see that happening. But as someone already stated, this game does not define their season.

I have no idea what is going to happen in Austin this weekend. I fear that the lack of depth as a whole will catch up to the horns. I worry about the CB play. That should be a strength but sadly has not been the case yet. I predict it will come down to whether Texas can get any kind of a run game going by anyone without the initials S.E. On defense, it all comes down to the CB play. Maybe Orlando can dial up some schemes to help hide them.
                      Ingram was killing it. If he doesn't get hurt the running game will be fine. Johnson looked serviceable as well. He is a running QB so the transition should be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        We lost our best OL to the Saints. He’s a starter as a Rookie. But we return the majority of our OL.

We got depth at RB. We don’t have an Etienne but Corbin looks the part and has some experience.

Our DLine is legit. Maybe the best in years.

Maybe it was OU that lost a majority of their Oline.

on edit....A quick google shows yall graduated/lost the center and two guards (2 to the NFL)but retained both tackles so 2/5s are returning.

Comment

It’s just something to pass the time I’m fully expecting it to be no where near my “prediction” [emoji1787].... your guess is as good as mine

If you look at the week one pickem standings......don't listen to me. [emoji38]

Comment

Sadly but much anticipated otherwise, I won't be able to watch the LSU/ Texas game as I will be about 100 yards from a Panhandle feedlot putting a smackdown on some mourning and Eurasians if the weather holds as predicted.. I think I'll survive. I will DVR it though.

So if I no-show during and after the game for a bit, I am not pulling an oktx if Texas loses....I'm hunting, cleaning birds (hopefully) and drinking col buhr!... With any luck we kill quickly and back to teh hotel before it ends.

I think I missed the Tulsa game last year because of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA both1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	24591527

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Sadly but much anticipated otherwise, I won't be able to watch the LSU/ Texas game as I will be about 100 yards from a Panhandle feedlot putting a smackdown on some mourning and Eurasians if the weather holds as predicted.. I think I'll survive. I will DVR it though.

So if I no-show during and after the game for a bit, I am not pulling an oktx if Texas loses....I'm hunting, cleaning birds (hopefully) and drinking col buhr!... With any luck we kill quickly and back to teh hotel before it ends.

I think I missed the Tulsa game last year because of it.

[ATTACH]970724[/ATTACH]

I’d be streaming it from my phone lol!! But good luck looks fun

Comment

I’d be streaming it from my phone lol!! But good luck looks fun

I thought about that but then I wouldn't see a **** bird flying even though they would be flying over in droves......

I'll check in on ESPN from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X