Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180,000 in and surrounding the game, was the speculation I heard in Austin last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      You seem to just love you some OU.......now LSU.

Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I hate OU's offense and what Riley has done because he has been so ****ed good at it. Their D isn't going to be very good this year. But, they have won umpteen Big 12 championships, so until we dethrone them they are the king.

I think Texas biggest advantage is our DL against their OL. We are fast and deep on the DL and they are slow and fat. Their receivers on our corners is a problem for Texas, but I don't think they are going to man up a bunch. LSU's linebackers are pretty good and Brewer isn't a good blocker, but that is something Texas can possibly scheme around though Herman hasn't shown much willingness to do so. Our OL is good enough to play to a draw against their DL. I'm not sure what to think about our interior LB's against their run game as we haven't seen them a bunch, but it certainly isn't a team strength for Texas.

I would take Sam over Burrow, but there isn't a huge difference there and they don't play against each other.

This is very odd to say, but I think Texas can win the trenches. I'd feel really good about this if they were coming in with a standard 3 yards and a cloud of dust LSU offense, but I just don't know what we will really see from them scheme wise.

Will Coach O come in with a conservative gameplan on offense looking at what he thinks is a talent advantage against our D? That would help Texas. Will he let his OC and Brady run the offense? Because they should be looking at our corners and seeing blood. Will they run the offense no huddle to try and negate our DL depth? Will that even work because it is likely to gas their OL?

While I think their switch to more spread concepts in the passing game is going to bear fruit for them in the long haul, what we have seen from many spread teams in the Big 12 is they get better as the year goes on. It takes game reps for the WR and QB to reach peak effectiveness.

LSU on D likes to play man press. One of Collin Johnson's weaknesses coming into the year was dealing with press coverage. If they play a ton of press, I would expect Texas to attack the flats with the slot and the backs to loosen them up a bit, but Delpit is a pretty ****ed good eraser and Kary Vincent is a good nickel and probably can mitigate some of that. So, Texas will probably have to move the ball on the ground well enough to make Delpit pay attention to the run game. I think that will happen, but it will require Sam's heavy involvement in the run game. I'd be surprised if Sam has less than 20 carries between designed runs and scrambles.

Will Texas be able to make some plays down the field in the passing game? I think that is a must, but Texas hasn't shown much ability to do that lately.

We just don't know a ton about either team at this point. What we do know is both teams are pretty well coached and have talent everywhere even if some of that talent is inexperienced or playing poorly at certain positions.

If I bet college football, I'd fire hard at Texas +6.5 based on Herman's record as a dog. The moneyline price is even good enough to fire at +185. But, I'll stick with my previous position that this is pretty much a coin flip game and any score within a touchdown wouldn't surprise me.

But, I am still a homer so 31-27 Texas.

I hope the Tigers have a great time in Austin this weekend.

Comment

That's what I heard two weeks ago. Expecting 30,000 around the area with and without tickets.

Just hope they go home when its over - Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
          Bob Stoops just picked Texas on ESPN2.

Not sure what I make of that. Vegas certainly disagrees.

Stoops knows talent. Book it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            180,000 in and surrounding the game, was the speculation I heard in Austin last weekend.

Traffic will be at the bare minimum he’ll on earth

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              He said because he wants them to be ranked higher when OU beats them. Lol.

Comment

He said because he wants them to be ranked higher when OU beats them. Lol.

If OU wins it won’t matter, will it? It’s going to be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Just hope they go home when its over - Houston.
                  Lolololol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    I hate OU's offense and what Riley has done because he has been so ****ed good at it. Their D isn't going to be very good this year.

ROLODEXED!!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      just hope they go home when its over - houston.

lmao!!

Comment

He evidently does not know LSU talent. Reference 2004 Sugar Bowl. Big game Bob loses to LSU for the 2003 national championship.

Comment

Read that Zach Evans was suspended for a few games for getting into an argument with a coach, and today or yesterday he got in another one with a coach at practice and got another game tacked on. He then quit the team at north shore. Not sure if true but it’s on other boards.... seems he may have some personality baggage....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Nah, he knows football.. Stalker

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              Read that Zach Evans was suspended for a few games for getting into an argument with a coach, and today or yesterday he got in another one with a coach at practice and got another game tacked on. He then quit the team at north shore. Not sure if true but it’s on other boards.... seems he may have some personality baggage....

Entitled 17yo. I’d still like to see him in Aggieland.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                He evidently does not know LSU talent. Reference 2004 Sugar Bowl. Big game Bob loses to LSU for the 2003 national championship.
                                Wow! 16 years ago. Congrats!😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                                X