Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

College Football 2019 - Week 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    If you look at the week one pickem standings......don't listen to me. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Tell me about it. All 5 of my lowest confidence picks lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      I'm not going to comment, just leaving this here for those interested in good college football information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUegAXhC68

Not a bad listen. Some good points for both and some bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Maybe it was OU that lost a majority of their Oline.

on edit....A quick google shows yall graduated/lost the center and two guards (2 to the NFL)but retained both tackles so 2/5s are returning.
        Hocker, Moore, and Carson Green were starters last year. Prater also started a couple seasons ago. McCoy was a big piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Speaking of Pick 'Em, is there not a tiebreaker game listed this week?

Comment

Sadly but much anticipated otherwise, I won't be able to watch the LSU/ Texas game as I will be about 100 yards from a Panhandle feedlot putting a smackdown on some mourning and Eurasians if the weather holds as predicted.. I think I'll survive. I will DVR it though.

So if I no-show during and after the game for a bit, I am not pulling an oktx if Texas loses....I'm hunting, cleaning birds (hopefully) and drinking col buhr!... With any luck we kill quickly and back to teh hotel before it ends.

I think I missed the Tulsa game last year because of it.

[ATTACH]970724[/ATTACH]
            What time is the game? I'll be off in Kansas cooking Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              Which Texas DB was signaling pass incomplete while the La Tech receiver was running downfield with the catch [emoji23]

That was pretty funny. Surprised no gif has made it to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                Tell me about it. All 5 of my lowest confidence picks lost.

same here.. dammit.. I picked a few spoilers too.

Comment

I think that was Boyce, I'd bet he got worked over by Washington and Orlando.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Line continues to move in LSU favor, currently -5.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Too many drunk coonies mortgaging their crawfish farms for Vegas $$$.

Comment

Excited for Saturday. I think both Ags and Horns’ games will be exciting to watch. Putting my money on Ags and LSU to cover the spreads. Jimbo will have a solid plan with a very confident team going in and he’s not known to get blown out, spread +18. Texas has some big injuries and I’m feeling good about LSU -5

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        I think that was Boyce, I'd bet he got worked over by Washington and Orlando.

That was painful… But one way or the other, I bet he doesn’t do it again!

Eagles was the most eye catching guy on the field, to me. Could have been the matchup, but he looked like a man among boys every time he stepped on the field. Heath and I both noticed him winning matchups before he caught the 1st TD.

Comment

Sadly but much anticipated otherwise, I won't be able to watch the LSU/ Texas game as I will be about 100 yards from a Panhandle feedlot putting a smackdown on some mourning and Eurasians if the weather holds as predicted.. I think I'll survive. I will DVR it though.

So if I no-show during and after the game for a bit, I am not pulling an oktx if Texas loses....I'm hunting, cleaning birds (hopefully) and drinking col buhr!... With any luck we kill quickly and back to teh hotel before it ends.

I think I missed the Tulsa game last year because of it.

[ATTACH]970724[/ATTACH]
                          Riiiight. Lol!

Comment

I’m getting pumped about our matchup with Clemson. We gave them their biggest scare last year and many of their players are on record saying ATM was the best team they faced.

Mond is experienced enough and has enough weapons at WR to move the ball against Clemson. My biggest concern is can we run the ball effectively enough to keep the Clemson Defense off balance.

And to keep QB sunshine and the rest of their offense frustrated on the sideline. Ball control is a big factor IMHO.

Comment

Etienne causes me more concern than Lawrence. Elko will have a good game plan, he seems to be one of the best at his position. I expect a competitive game.

Sunshine had a bad 1st game, but he doesn't get rattled. He picked apart the mighty Alabama in the NC game as a true freshman. He wasn't "rattled" against Ga Tech in a home opener. Maybe listened to too much off-season praise and tried too hard?

KB couldn't hold Sunshine's jock strap as a passer, hence the reason he is at Mizzou right now. Our offense is a different animal than Aggie saw last year.

We've also got a much better 2nd string back with Dixon. The kid is going to be great.

Clemson lost a lot on defense, but our D still pretty stout. We held a D1 school to less than 300 yards of offense and our 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc string played the majority of the 2nd half. Remember the names Xavier Thomas, Nyles Pinckney and Isaiah Simmons...

I will say this though - I think this is going to be a tough game even at home and I have a tough time thinking that Clemson is honestly a 17.5 point favorite.

Comment

Man I'm not missing a Texas football game for bird hunting. That and this past weekend I had a limit cleaned by 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X