African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    Couple things you ate the wrong steak and still haven't paid. That has where I felt you have gone wrong. I get you were wronged but in my eyes you did wrong too which leaves you standing roughly in the same place as PH. At least pay the PH what you think is fair as not paying any of your balance leaves you in no better place than the PH.

You ate the steak..wrong steak but walked and didn't pay the bill. You owe something so pay something.
    The problem with that is there is still no guarantee that the OP will get his animals back. So, he could be out the money and his trophies.

I hate owing people money, and make a point to pay my bill before or at the time of service, but I would be hesitant in this situation as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Why in the world would he pay anything until they agree on something? Don't you watch Judge Judy?

You are hard headed. He was willing to pay $100 for the cheaper sirloin but the guy insisted on the full $150 or he would be sued. Why in the world would anyone in their right mind pay $100 and still be sued?
      Why would you shoot anything without having agreed something?
      Last edited by Take Dead Aim; 09-24-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

An hour of my life I’ll never get back. Fault on both sides, which is almost always the case.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
          An hour of my life I’ll never get back. Fault on both sides, which is almost always the case.
          True. Just wondering where the mediator is on this, if there is one, yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
            It was my understanding that on paid hunts, wounding an animal counts for a killed animal. If I stick on elk, isn't my hunt over? Is that not right?
            It is. But you'd need to rad back. The OP only offered that as a way to help out the PH.

Why would you shoot anything without having agreed something?
            He did agree to prices. Then flew half way around the world. I forget exactly where the prices changed though. But even if they changed right before he shot..screw em. You can't change the freaking price after someone spends that kind of coin getting to the ranch.

Comment

Finally caught up. Hope your situation is resolved, OP.

Comment

After trying to see what the outcome of this was, I am now basically craving a steak and hungry.... thanks guys.

Comment

I would have done the same as the OP in this case. I would not have caused an big scene in the SA bush where I knew no one, and was 100% dependent on the people around me for a safe trip. Had it happened in the states, yes it would have been addressed when I first arrived. Addressing it then could have made thing worse, and gone from a bad trip to a dangerous trip. There are times I'm ok with primitive camping, but expecting steak and getting a PB&J is not good. Even though I like a good PB&J, but not when I'm all ready for a nice thick steak.
                  Last edited by BrianL; 09-24-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Well this hit a wall...Updates?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                      I would have done the same as the OP in this case. I would not have caused an big scene in the SA bush where I knew no one, and was 100% dependent on the people around me for a safe trip. Had it happened in the states, yes it would have been addressed when I first arrived. Addressing it then could have made thing worse, and gone from a bad trip to a dangerous trip. There are times I'm ok with primitive camping, but expecting steak and getting a PB&J is not good. Even though I like a good PB&J, but not when I'm all ready for a nice thick steak.
                      Never did I say start a war. What I thought was reasonable expectation was having a discussion on not being happy with the accommodations and the few animal changes. I think pulling the PH aside and sayingn "hey this isn't what we agreed to and I need to know what can be done to make everyone happy". Unfortunately the PH did a bad job of either planning and or relaying that things weren't as they were sold. To compound that the hunter showed up knew things were bad, never said anything, proceeded to kill animals, flew back home and didnt pay the balance. In my eyes they are both wrong.

Comment

Never did I say start a war. What I thought was reasonable expectation was having a discussion on not being happy with the accommodations and the few animal changes. I think pulling the PH aside and sayingn "hey this isn't what we agreed to and I need to know what can be done to make everyone happy". Unfortunately the PH did a bad job of either planning and or relaying that things weren't as they were sold. To compound that the hunter showed up knew things were bad, never said anything, proceeded to kill animals, flew back home and didnt pay the balance. In my eyes they are both wrong.
                        The PH was not Laramie, it was someone else that Laramie works with, so talking to him would not have accomplished anything. Laramie agreed to the prices that the OP is wanting to pay, the PH prices are different than what Laramie said they were and is now trying to charge Cody, so if you ask me Laramie needs to only charge what was agreed upon and take his losses because he’s the one who brokered the hunt and sent them to a place with different prices so it’s his loss.

And I still don’t get why you’re saying he should pay the initial fees, when he tried to work with Laramie on it, he said my lawyer will be contacting you. Why would you pay then? Out of fear of him saying lawyer? Laramie never even gave him the opportunity to pay what was initially agreed upon

Comment

Never did I say start a war.

People disappear over there man.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                            The PH was not Laramie, it was someone else that Laramie works with, so talking to him would not have accomplished anything. Laramie agreed to the prices that the OP is wanting to pay, the PH prices are different than what Laramie said they were and is now trying to charge Cody, so if you ask me Laramie needs to only charge what was agreed upon and take his losses because he’s the one who brokered the hunt and sent them to a place with different prices so it’s his loss.

And I still don’t get why you’re saying he should pay the initial fees, when he tried to work with Laramie on it, he said my lawyer will be contacting you. Why would you pay then? Out of fear of him saying lawyer? Laramie never even gave him the opportunity to pay what was initially agreed upon
                            Sorry replace PH with Laramie. My mistake not sure why I out PH. I would pay because I owe something. May not be in full but something is owed. Goes back to my point of discussing it in person in SA face to face. Not in an argumentative way but rather a clarification way. The talk should have happened then. Not after the hunt. We see what happened after the hunt and it hasnt ended well for anyone. I wouldn't book a hunt with Laramie after seeing this bit I dont feel he was 100% at fault for the end result. Blame is to be shared.

Comment

Sorry replace PH with Laramie. My mistake not sure why I out PH. I would pay because I owe something. May not be in full but something is owed. Goes back to my point of discussing it in person in SA face to face. Not in an argumentative way but rather a clarification way. The talk should have happened then. Not after the hunt. We see what happened after the hunt and it hasnt ended well for anyone. I wouldn't book a hunt with Laramie after seeing this bit I dont feel he was 100% at fault for the end result. Blame is to be shared.
                              Laramie wasn’t the one there guiding them, they were with another PH in SA, Laramie now lives in Texas.

And I get you owe something, but when you go to talk to the guy to try and discuss it he says I’m gonna get a lawyer right away, you don’t pay then. Laramie wasn’t taking the payment till they got back anyways so why would talking to him while you’re over there change anything? It’s not like they refused to pay over there and leave. They were suppose to pay the bill when they got back and you know what happened once they got back and got in touch with Laramie.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                People disappear over there man.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Please. If you booked a hunt with someone from the US who is standing in front of you in SA and you cant have a civil discussion over accommodations and pricing you shouldnt be there. Hell you shouldn't have booked the hunt in the first place. I've hunted and fished in all parts ofnthe World and have never been scared to ask for something or say something is not to my expectations. I don't blame Cody for not being happy with the lodge. I dont think I would have been either. I also would have said something to Laramie the first chance I got. I dont think they was mich Laramie could do on finding a better place so I would have said let make it work with a discount or throw in a couple of animals. I dont think asking for any if that is getting me killed. Not asking has only ended up in this nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                                X