Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
    At first this didn’t make sense til I seen in your profile that your from Austin. Then that explained quite a bit. Saw em off ��

you seent it?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      you seent it?
      Esst Texas edumacation.

Comment

**** sorry to hear this Cody.

Full disclosure I hunted with Cody in old Mexico on a last-minute trip. I had never met him but literally decided to make the trip after a long phone conversation with him. He didn't charge me anything to head down and we split gas and groceries for approx 9 days. He definitely isn't one to care about accommodations as we only had a few hours of electricity per day and if recall limited water, etc. Hell Cody offered to let me shoot one of his bucks in the 160" range as that's just who he is. I never took him up on the offer but to see him being scammed rubs me the wrong way.

I just read all the texts and felt the need to at least comment on his character. I haven't spoken to him much since Mexico but I'd make a trip with him anywhere.

Carlysle

Comment

The difference between what happened with the hunt and getting the wrong steak is this. The waiter or chef does not necessarily know the steak is bad but Lammie knew in advance that the hunt was not what he had promised.

Comment

So far you have handled it alot better than i would have....

Comment

Originally posted by HighCountry View Post
              The difference between what happened with the hunt and getting the wrong steak is this. The waiter or chef does not necessarily know the steak is bad but Lammie knew in advance that the hunt was not what he had promised.
              Dont disagree. But the hunter or in the steaks instance customer knew the steak was a chopped steak and not the filet he ordered and proceeded to eat it, not pay the bill and then go to Yelp and write a 1 star review. Why I have said all along both parties were wrong. I order a med rare filet and you set a well done chop steak in front of me we are having a discussion. The discussion may be the chopped steak is on the house with dessert and a bottle of wine. At that point I will decide if that works for me. But we would be coming to an agreement of some sort before I would proceed with eating a meal that I didnt plan on paying for.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                There's always 3 things, it seems.....

Story A
                Story B

and the truth.
                i find this saying to be completely false, in spite of its popularity.

very often one person is telling the truth, and the other is a slimey, sleaze ball, scum bucket, liar.

does your "terrible ex-LO" have some another side of the story, that would reveal your take, to be somewhat inaccurate?

back to topic...

this case is clearly not a misunderstanding, however, it is not a scam either. a service was provided, but not met entirely.

"dare" give this man his discount, before it rightfully increases, as it should.

Comment

Whew...........finally got a chance to read this entire thread. Sorry to hear about the problems you encountered, Cody, and I hope it works out for you.

I was on my way to S.A (hunting with a different outfitter) as this was all unfolding, and I'm pleased to say that our trip was amazing from start to finish. I'll get a write-up and pix posted, when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                    Dont disagree. But the hunter or in the steaks instance customer knew the steak was a chopped steak and not the filet he ordered and proceeded to eat it, not pay the bill and then go to Yelp and write a 1 star review. Why I have said all along both parties were wrong. I order a med rare filet and you set a well done chop steak in front of me we are having a discussion. The discussion may be the chopped steak is on the house with dessert and a bottle of wine. At that point I will decide if that works for me. But we would be coming to an agreement of some sort before I would proceed with eating a meal that I didnt plan on paying for.
                    I never planned on not paying for the meal... maybe this will clear things up, I’ll use the steak analogy... You have a date planned with your wife for several months and you fly half way around the world for that date night steak! You order a $100 Strip and they bring you a sirloin.... you are hungry and already there so of course you are going to eat it. You understand mistakes happen so you are still fine with paying for the $100 steak even though you didn’t receive it... when you get the bill they charge you $150 for that sirloin.... would you be ok paying that?

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                      I never planned on not paying for the meal... maybe this will clear things up, I’ll use the steak analogy... You have a date planned with your wife for several months and you fly half way around the world for that date night steak! You order a $100 Strip and they bring you a sirloin.... you are hungry and already there so of course you are going to eat it. You understand mistakes happen so you are still fine with paying for the $100 steak even though you didn’t receive it... when you get the bill they charge you $150 for that sirloin.... would you be ok paying that?
                      Couple things you ate the wrong steak and still haven't paid. That has where I felt you have gone wrong. I get you were wronged but in my eyes you did wrong too which leaves you standing roughly in the same place as PH. At least pay the PH what you think is fair as not paying any of your balance leaves you in no better place than the PH.

You ate the steak..wrong steak but walked and didn't pay the bill. You owe something so pay something.

Comment

Hopefully everything works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                          Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          Couple things you ate the wrong steak and still haven't paid. That has where I felt you have gone wrong. I get you were wronged but in my eyes you did wrong too which leaves you standing roughly in the same place as PH. At least pay the PH what you think is fair as not paying any of your balance leaves you in no better place than the PH.

You ate the steak..wrong steak but walked and didn't pay the bill. You owe something so pay something.
                          Why in the world would he pay anything until they agree on something? Don't you watch Judge Judy?

You are hard headed. He was willing to pay $100 for the cheaper sirloin but the guy insisted on the full $150 or he would be sued. Why in the world would anyone in their right mind pay $100 and still be sued?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            *The two wounded animals (that survived) to be discounted to a 50% normal rate - I figure this comes out to like $1000 or so. This would offset any "discount" for the lodging / ranch not being as advertised.

Seems MORE than fair, *** is the outfitters problem? If he loses money, so be it, that's the risk you take when you're juggling ranches as an outfitter. Part of the game.
                            It was my understanding that on paid hunts, wounding an animal counts for a killed animal. If I stick on elk, isn't my hunt over? Is that not right?

Comment

I haven't see the contract, but most contracts have a setoffs clause. so if you decide to short pay the invoice, you are now also in breach.

Comment

That's how people get shot.... to hell with him I wouldn't give him a dime. I'd say hell with the animals too.

Comment

Working...
                                X