African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    It's not my business, and you can tell me so if you want...but what is the dollar amount discrepancy we are dealing with? How much between your number and his, for you personaly?

Good question

Comment

The outfitters' gutless claim that "you should have complained when it was happening" is such a ****ing copout. That's what a consummate scammer or meth-head says. There was obviously no remedy. Lammie could not have resolved the situation. He didn't have the properties promised or the animals at the price he promised. My guess is a financial hardship, divorce or substance abuse. The texts provided by the OP take a huge **** on Lammie and Lammie's excuses are obviously bull****. Lammie went straight to lawyer mode even though he claimed that the OP did. Lammie obviously has a few demons to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Agreed. You’re there...Try to make it work.
        It’s not like you’re from Dallas and hunt Llano and everything went to ****.
        There was a lot of money spent in traveling costs. By all means, try to make it work...
        I agree with this. Plus, I’m definitely not raising hell while I’m in another country. I’d deal with it when I’m back home and relatively safe. The OP seems way more understanding of it all than I would be, and is asking for just a little break when what he paid for was not delivered... or even close.
        We’ll see what other information comes out and I reserve my right to jump ship to the other side if need be.

Comment

NM

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Good question
            We are literally talking about penny’s on the dollar in the grand scheme of things here. Especially when we get lawyers involved.... to me it’s not about the money though. I’m stable in that department... it’s more about the principal of the situation. I will spend the necessary amount of money to make sure he understands what he did wrong..... selfish? Naive? Stupid? Maybe so, but the simple fact is that All of this! 100% could have been avoided if we were just told the truth from the beginning. All he had to do was show us his cards, had he done that and made it clear what we were walking into and we choose to do so anyways than that would have released him 100% from any liability.... instead he choose to try and pull the covers over on us.... as far as the above comments about bringing the issues up while we are there.... keep in mind we are half way around the world with literally no contact to anyone in the US. And even if we did have contact we aren’t working with American democracy or law.... anyone who starts a battle while in Africa has obviously not traveled much and doesn’t understand the very real risk that can come from that

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
              I agree with this. Plus, I’m definitely not raising hell while I’m in another country. I’d deal with it when I’m back home and relatively safe. The OP seems way more understanding of it all than I would be, and is asking for just a little break when what he paid for was not delivered... or even close.
              We’ll see what other information comes out and I reserve my right to jump ship to the other side if need be.
              Exactly my thoughts while over there... we are 1/2 way around the world and don’t know a single person, our only line back to the us is with our outfitter.... that’s a bridge anyone would be stupid to burn!

Comment

Lammie got some splainin to do.....pics and text don't lie.

In the end both should learn something from this deal. I know I have!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If he pays $75 for each cull and half price for wounded animal $425
                  $650 total not much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                    Sure I’ll comment, All I wanted to happen was the guy getting judged by the green screen court to have heads up that he was being judged. I messaged him and now he can at least defend himself. I personally don’t give a rats a** about the drama of all this.

When I go somewhere and the service stinks, the place is not what’s advertised, anything is out of the norm or not what I am paying for I get it straight right then and there not when I get home and behind the phone or computer. Guess it’s just a generational thing.
                    Was there even a solution at that point? If the PH couldn't fix the issues then what could Laramie have done from Texas?

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                    I guess I'm built different than most. If I had issues when I arrived I would have made them known and demanded better facilities. I would not have continued to hunt, shoot animals etc without my expectations being known and a new agreement reached. I have a hard time siding with Cody when he went along with the less than desired facilities, animals, meals etc.
                    I still dont see how the halfoff the wounded animal plus the "discount" of $50 off of culls adds up to the $4800 balance. The dissatisfaction and expectation of a discount should have been discussed upon arrival at lodge when you realized it was sub par. Not when you got home.

I think Lammie was caught in a hard spot and did the best he could with what he had but it sounds and looks less than desirable. I would have been expecting some sort of offer in compromise for the sub par facilities. It should have been offered up upon arrival knowing they were not getting 5 star treatment.

I will say the South Africans as a whole are some of the best at hospitality and customer service. My trips have all been amazing from start to finish.
                    He flew to Africa. He had zero leg to stand on at that point. They obviously didn't have better housing. He had 2 7 off suit with his cards face up. He can't bluff at that point.

Looking at Laramies reply he would not have charged in there and fixed anything anyhow even if he could.

BTW - The half off the wounded animals was Cody's way to be compensated for the lack of proper housing without hurting the PH or Laramie. It was not intended to pay for his trip. Which sounds more than reasonable to me.

Would you rather him pay for the wounded animals and then demand a big rebate or discount for bad housing?
                    Last edited by RiverRat1; 09-04-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Was there even a solution at that point? If the PH couldn't fix the issues then what could Laramie have done from Texas?

He flew to Africa. He had zero leg to stand on at that point. They obviously didn't have better housing. He had 2 7 off suit with his cards face up. He can't bluff at that point.

Looking at Laramies reply he would not have charged in there and fixed anything anyhow even if he could.

BTW - The half off the wounded animals was Cody's way to be compensated for the lack of proper housing without hurting the PH or Laramie. It was not intended to pay for his trip. Which sounds more than reasonable to me.

Would you rather him pay for the wounded animals and then demand a big rebate or discount for bad housing?

You sir get it! Would love to to business with you!

Comment

Was the food at least good?

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                          Was the food at least good?
                          Our PH did an amazing job of making due with what he had! His wife came and cooked for us after she clocked out at her 9-5 job at a vet in town. I will without a doubt be returning to hunt with the PH. Awesome guy! Not a bad word to say about him!

Comment

I have a buddy who just returned from a hunt with Lammie and Frans about 2 weeks ago. Went mostly for Cape buff, and killed 2 and some plains game. He didnt really say much about Lammie but did speak highly of Frans.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                              I have a buddy who just returned from a hunt with Lammie and Frans about 2 weeks ago. Went mostly for Cape buff, and killed 2 and some plains game. He didnt really say much about Lammie but did speak highly of Frans.
                              I’m returning to hunt with Frans in October.... spot and stalk cape buff with a bow. Frans is one of those guys that immediately after meeting him you feel confident that he will take care of you in whatever way necessary.... and that includes stepping in front of me with a rifle to shoot something charging... he’s one of those quiet guys who says what he means and means what he says. Those are the kinda people I dig!

Comment

Lammie, So what about the money back guarantee?

Comment

Working...
                                X