No announcement yet.

African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, who runs a business like this. I guess someone that doesn't want to be in business.

How much are we actually talking about? A few hundred dollars...

Comment

Lammie needs an *** whipping...

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        I might have missed it but what is the total dollar amount due?
        From post 121 He attached a spreadsheet.

To: Cody and Wyatt

Fees: Package $3,990
        Cody - Nyala, Impala, Warthog, 2 x cull warthog
        Wyatt - Nyala, Impala, Warthog cull
        Grey Duiker $350
        Red Duiker $1,200
        Wildebeest (Wound) $850
        Impala $450
        Transportation to and from JNB No Charge
        Deposit $2,000
        Total $4,840

*** Thank you for your business ***

Comment

Things dont look too good for lammie to me. I'd like to see the original contract signed, but it appears Cody's story matches up with the texts and pics

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a elk hunt about 10 years ago, it was suppose to be first class. It was a trailer with no hot water for week and captain crunch for breakfast. My buddy still laughs about it and I still have a good time but it was not what I paid for. Good luck to original poster.

Comment

Looks to me like a classic case of taking a bargain price, something went wrong (with the seller's zululand property), he had to involve a 3rd party, and the margins were to slim from the beggining to cover it all. Which means there is NO money to discount anything without taking a bigger loss. I take those losses in my business from time to time, for the sake of my name/reputation, but it's never fun. It usually comes back to a break down in communication.

Bad deal, and I'm not judging either side, just saying how it looks.
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-04-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Im following with the OP.. but why ask for a discount on wounded animals...

Everything else seems reasonable to ask for some accommodations on price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                  Im following with the OP.. but why ask for a discount on wounded animals...

Everything else seems reasonable to ask for some accommodations on price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  The discount price on the wounded animals are a way of asking for a discount without Lammie (or whoever) having to come out of pocket... both of the wounded animals were awesome shots, all on video and literally no penetration. Arrows went in broadhead deep. The PH agrees that the animals will live and we actually saw one of them alive and well. Was just trying to minimize the out of pocket expense on Lammie. From what I gathered they basically mark up the animals 50% or what the land owner wants for them, again it’s all so unclear as this has been a very gray area of communication between Lammie, the PH, and myself

Comment

Leave the PH out as much as possible, he didn't ask for any of this.

Comment

Sure

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                      TexKing
                      Red-fin
                      Chief

Any comments from those who know him?
                      Sure I’ll comment, All I wanted to happen was the guy getting judged by the green screen court to have heads up that he was being judged. I messaged him and now he can at least defend himself. I personally don’t give a rats a** about the drama of all this.

When I go somewhere and the service stinks, the place is not what’s advertised, anything is out of the norm or not what I am paying for I get it straight right then and there not when I get home and behind the phone or computer. Guess it’s just a generational thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Leave the PH out as much as possible, he didn't ask for any of this.
                        Couldn’t agree more. Hints my current communication and future booking with him, also the reason I tipped him so well. Unfortunately it’s the innocent that get hurt the worst

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                          Sure I’ll comment, All I wanted to happen was the guy getting judged by the green screen court to have heads up that he was being judged. I messaged him and now he can at least defend himself. I personally don’t give a rats a** about the drama of all this.

When I go somewhere and the service stinks, the place is not what’s advertised, anything is out of the norm or not what I am paying for I get it straight right then and there not when I get home and behind the phone or computer. Guess it’s just a generational thing.
                          Nothing to do with the generation. We all spoke about the situation wile in Africa and choose to deal with it back in the US rather than while in Africa. We were tying to make the best of a bad situation and didn’t want the drama to run our entire African experience. Was that the right call? Not sure if there is a right or wrong in that situation, just a difference of opinion.... the only wrong was the dishonesty of the situation

Comment

It's not my business, and you can tell me so if you want...but what is the dollar amount discrepancy we are dealing with? How much between your number and his, for you personaly?

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                              Nothing to do with the generation. We all spoke about the situation wile in Africa and choose to deal with it back in the US rather than while in Africa. We were tying to make the best of a bad situation and didn’t want the drama to run our entire African experience. Was that the right call? Not sure if there is a right or wrong in that situation, just a difference of opinion.... the only wrong was the dishonesty of the situation
                              Agreed. You’re there...Try to make it work.
                              It’s not like you’re from Dallas and hunt Llano and everything went to ****.
                              There was a lot of money spent in traveling costs. By all means, try to make it work...

Comment

I guess I'm built different than most. If I had issues when I arrived I would have made them known and demanded better facilities. I would not have continued to hunt, shoot animals etc without my expectations being known and a new agreement reached. I have a hard time siding with Cody when he went along with the less than desired facilities, animals, meals etc.
                                I still dont see how the halfoff the wounded animal plus the "discount" of $50 off of culls adds up to the $4800 balance. The dissatisfaction and expectation of a discount should have been discussed upon arrival at lodge when you realized it was sub par. Not when you got home.

I think Lammie was caught in a hard spot and did the best he could with what he had but it sounds and looks less than desirable. I would have been expecting some sort of offer in compromise for the sub par facilities. It should have been offered up upon arrival knowing they were not getting 5 star treatment.

I will say the South Africans as a whole are some of the best at hospitality and customer service. My trips have all been amazing from start to finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X