Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yall dont shoot the messenger here, I am posting these as they came through. The red numbers are the order of the texts.
    Attached Files

Comment

I am just posting pics, will let Cody give commentary.

I am also about to leave work, and wont be able to update for a while.
      Attached Files

Comment

Guys, the pics above speak for themselves. Those pictures is are what we found when we arrived.... the entire lodge was under construction, nothing was finished and nothing had been tested for guest. We were the first guest to stay there. *******IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND AND I WANT EVERYONE TO REALIZE****** that I’m not someone who needs 5 star lodging for a hunting trip. We would have been fine staying in a text had Lammie set those expectations up front. NONE OF THIS was mentioned to us prior to the hunt. Its the simple fact that we were sold something that wasn’t there... it’s the principle at this point. Had Lammie just been understanding and admitted that maybe he didn’t tell us the whole truth this would have gone a completely different direction...... it would be no different than you paying for a 7 day cruise through the Bahamas and book a suite, only to find out you are going to Galveston and staying in a motel 6...... it’s fraud plain and simple. And the principal of being lied to is something I will not stand for.

Comment

For anyone that is considering going to Africa in the future I'd recommend booking directly with the ranch in AFRICA and CALL REFERENCES. The only guy in Texas that I'd book an Africa hunt with is Jeff Rann. Always do your due diligence!

Comment

After reading the texts it seems like Cody was just being fair and reasonable. I'd have done the same. The lodging looks awful. If I didn't have WIFI for a week I'd probably not have a job when I came back to the states... That is a serious problem.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
              After reading the texts it seems like Cody was just being fair and reasonable. I'd have done the same. The lodging looks awful. If I didn't have WIFI for a week I'd probably not have a job when I came back to the states... That is a serious problem.
              I truly did by best to keep it civil. Obviously I had to let him know how disappointed I was, but was honestly trying to avoid any conflict.

Comment

Interesting. With the posted conversations, it's very evident you were professional with your request Cody; Laramie instantly went full defensive and childish. The pictures definitely don't match up with the website. He admitted to changing the price of the culls on you. He's obviously a third party to this hunting operation that you partaked in.

I'm fully entrenched on the team OP side! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Interesting. With the posted conversations, it's very evident you were professional with your request Cody; Laramie instantly went full defensive and childish. The pictures definitely don't match up with the website. He admitted to changing the price of the culls on you. He's obviously a third party to this hunting operation that you partaked in.

X2. Cody, I think you have a good chance of winning this in court especially if you have the original prices and discussions in writing.

Going to make some more popcorn now.

Comment

uno mas
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Yessir. Any reasonable person will see the issues in this trip.... it just amazes me, as a business owner I have to bite the bullet and do things that I may not agree with and certainly ones that cost me money all the time! Customer satisfaction is the name of the game and it literally cost zero dollars to be honest. It floors me that someone can own a business with those practices.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        uno mas
                        That is by far the worst lodging I have seen in Africa, the construction ruins it. I've been there four or five times.

Comment

X2. Cody, I think you have a good chance of winning this in court especially if you have the original prices and discussions in writing.

Going to make some more popcorn now.
                          I have everything... just choosing not to show all my cards. What I have presented is enough to win the case alone.

Comment

That is by far the worst lodging I have seen in Africa, the construction ruins it. I've been there four or five times.
                            It’s not exactly the Hilton pictured on the website.... again, it’s not really about the lodging, like I said I could have stayed in a tent! It’s the dishonesty that gets me.

Comment

Seems that the OP has pulled ahead again. So what does the PH think about the situation?

Comment

TexKing
                                Red-fin
                                Chief

Any comments from those who know him?

Comment

Working...
                                X