Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Anniversary bucks.

One of our guys son and daughter in law shot these two 11's Monday morning about 1 minute apart. Both were missing their left brow time. They scored 139 and 148.
    Coach West got his about a week ago. His 11 scored 155.

The last two weeks should be good. We are seeing some different bigger deer roll in.
    Attached Files

Comment

Holy cow. Nice animals. Congrats all around.

Comment

Great bucks Dave congratulations to the hunters

Comment

Fog was so thick the last two mornings that, to steal a phrase from the great Justin Wilson, i didn't dare take a deep breath for fear of drowning. I had a buck seven yards from me this morning at sunrise. The fog was so thick i could hear him eating, but i couldn't even see a shape. He came and went and i never saw him. As the fog lifted i saw two large bodied deer walking across the wheat field. Couldn't even tell what they were. Frustrating.

The highlight of the weekend was seeing this huge bobcat. The first pic is untouched from 120 yards away. The second is cropped, blown up, and touched up some. The pics aren't so great. Magnificent animal. Bobcats are just so cool.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            Fog was so thick the last two mornings that, to steal a phrase from the great Justin Wilson, i didn't dare take a deep breath for fear of drowning. I had a buck seven yards from me this morning at sunrise. The fog was so thick i could hear him eating, but i couldn't even see a shape. He came and went and i never saw him. As the fog lifted i saw two large bodied deer walking across the wheat field. Couldn't even tell what they were. Frustrating.

The highlight of the weekend was seeing this huge bobcat. The first pic is untouched from 120 yards away. The second is cropped, blown up, and touched up some. The pics aren't so great. Magnificent animal. Bobcats are just so cool.

Dang that’s a pretty bob .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Here’s some pics from our place in Young Co. This is my first year on the place and I have been very surprised by the quality of deer walking around!
              Last edited by Acameron52; 12-25-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Looks like a place to keep for a long, long time. Congratulations.

Comment

2019 Deer Season score: Wilbarger County Bucks - 1 / Mike - 0. Wilbarger County bucks win by shutout. I learned some lessons. Learned more about behavior and habits of deer on our lease. We have some very nice that should be that much nicer next year. Some bucks that should come into their own next year. Can't wait for the end of September to get here.

Congratulations to all the hunters that filled a tag or two.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                    2019 Deer Season score: Wilbarger County Bucks - 1 / Mike - 0. Wilbarger County bucks win by shutout. I learned some lessons. Learned more about behavior and habits of deer on our lease. We have some very nice that should be that much nicer next year. Some bucks that should come into their own next year. Can't wait for the end of September to get here.

Congratulations to all the hunters that filled a tag or two.
                    Those dang Wilbarger bucks are elusive dudes. We had our best year ever in two ways. Deer taken and deer left to grow.

Thanks to everyone who shared and looked in on our area on our thread this year. May we get timely Spring and Summer rains in 2020. I love our area.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      Here’s some pics from our place in Young Co. This is my first year on the place and I have been very surprised by the quality of deer walking around!

Dam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well deer season officially came to an end yesterday. No deer down for the munchkins. Between 3 of them the did put down 7 hogs.

The boys built a deer blind for Spring turkey season.

Sundays sunset was spectacular!
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is why i like the Middle of North Texas. Big bodied deer with heavy antlers. This is the buck one of our lease mates shot. 195 lbs field dressed. Probably 250ish on the hoof. Neck about as big around as a barrel. Antlers are pretty massive. Probably scores around 120, but an impressive 120 when you put your hands on those horns. Very nice buck.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X