No announcement yet.

What dove load do you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use whatever's on sale. It's just a little bird after all.

Comment

Cheap!! I miss a lot

Comment

7 1/2 shot 1 oz in 20ga for low fence.

9 shot 1 1/4 oz in 12 ga for high fence.

Them high fence doves ain’t much of a challenge unless you kill 3 or 4 in one shot.

Comment

Am I the only one who packs a few #6's in my bag for them high flyers?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            I always bring 6s with me for them high flyers

Comment

Remington Sure Shot Heavy Dove loads have yet to fail

Comment

Usually 7 1/2 or 8

Comment

I’m using my reloads, Rem STS hull, E-Lite powder, 7/8oz of 7.5 shot flying at 1200fps. Did a number on them last year so no need to switch.

Comment

No sir you’re not. I keep a box of high brass 6’s for back up and that saved my butt one year. I was knocking them down when no one else could touch em

Comment

I go against the grain, and I shoot 20 gauge one ounce steel #7s. After seeing a slightly elevated lead test in both of my boys, it's worth the piece of mind to know that I've cut out one potential exposure. I usually only hunt twice a year for the opener, and we try to only go on near guaranteed hunts, where target selection isn't an issue. But I haven't notice any reduction in the birds that I take a shot at dying. Now if I was hunting high flying white wings, that would be a different story, but close mournings are easy.

Comment

Doesn’t matter after this rain.

Comment

I pack em too... just in case they are up there. I happen to 6’s laying around cause it’s all I use exclusively for quail. If it wasn’t for that, I’m not sure I’d invest in them.

Comment

#7-1/2, 1-1/8oz

Comment

Since we never get more than a week of dove season, and less if it snows, I shoot the best loads I can to help my bird count. I have found that to be WinAA Heavy Trap loads, 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz. #9. Amazes my partners that I can be so accurate!

Comment

Whatever's cheapest. I don't really have a favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X