• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partners was a good time

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      Back in the day, it was the Reo Palm Isle in Longview.
      At least it was for me!!!
      Spent some time in that place in the 80's, but I wouldn't call it a great place.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Spent a few nights at Cowboys too.
        Me too in the '88-'90 time frame. Used to be Cowboys, Borrowed Money, or Rodeo Exchange in the Stockyards on any given night.

Comment

15-20 years ago The Horseman in Fort Worth was my hangout. It's since closed and now is Guitars and Cadillacs I think. Went once and the crowd that was there isn't my cup of tea so to speak.

Comment

Way back when it was Randys' wreck in Trinity. Dance floor leaned to the center so bad everyone kinda met in the middle whether you wanted to or not. Didn't care much for the Rising Sun. A little to big for my liking.

Comment

Stetson Hall back in the early 80’s was a great place.

Comment

70s Austin armadillo world headquarters

Comment

I dont put a lot of stock in a list that has a gay bar as one of the best honky tonk.

Comment

An article in April showed Gilley's is trying to open an establishment in League City.

Comment

I literally can't read the words "honky tonks in Texas" without hearing Waylon's voice in my head

Comment

Polecats south of seguin on hwy 123. They just had midget wrestling about three weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I literally can't read the words "honky tonks in Texas" without hearing Waylon's voice in my head
                          were my natural second home,
                          where you tip your hat to the ladies and The Rose of San Antone.
                          I grew up on music that we call Western swing,
                          it don't matter who's in Austin, Bob Wills is still The King

Love me some Waylon!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Polecats south of seguin on hwy 123. They just had midget wrestling about three weeks ago.
                            Liked me some midget wrestling at the Sportatorium.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                              Way back when it was Randys' wreck in Trinity. Dance floor leaned to the center so bad everyone kinda met in the middle whether you wanted to or not. Didn't care much for the Rising Sun. A little to big for my liking.

One of the liveliest fights I’ve ever been in happened in Rising Sun. It just wouldn’t end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                                I laughed so hard at this I got some looks from people here at work. Red River on 249 was my hangout way back then. .75 longnecks on Friday night and 1.00 on Saturday night made for some fun times over there but I doubt it would have ever made any best of list.

Pretty sure this was Fanny’s when I was younger. Lord, please forgive me.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X