No announcement yet.

Covert sucks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right... theyre terrible. Pm incoming with my address so you can mail that trash to me!

Comment

I just bought a new 2019 Covert a few days before they launched the new app. I bought it based on all the positive reviews here and elsewhere. Have to say I was a little worried after reading about all the problems people were having. I loaded the latest firmware update and put it out in the field last weekend. So far the camera has worked flawlessly. My app functions OK. The only issue is the badge icon doesn’t reset after I view new pics. (This is a simple feature and speaks volumes on how poor a job the app developer did on this latest version).

For those of you having function and stability issues with the app I would recommend you make sure your phone is running the latest version of the OS. Try restarting your phone If it hasn’t been restarted in a while too.

I can tell by the issues everyone experienced when the new firmware got released that the application developer Covert used for the phone app and possibly the firmware, didn’t invest enough time to test everything fully. Cando.com is listed as the app developer in the Apple store. I’ll assume the first couple versions of the app were done by these guys. From all accounts it was a good app that was reliable and functioned well. Fast forward to version 3 of the app... taking a guess here, but being in IT for 26+ years I think I know how this went down. The senior app developer they used for the first couple versions was busy or unavailable. So they pitch the update to the young gun who’s 40% cheaper but just graduated from university. The product manager, who’s overwhelmed managing 8+ different projects, decides to rubber stamp everything when the developer checks in the final version of the code after claiming it was “tested”. Covert is the customer and the victim of this slow motion train wreck and suffers a huge reputation hit with its user base. Pay attention to who the developer is for the next release of the phone app. I have to think some ultimatums got issued to Cando.com. Fix it ASAP or else...

I would think we can expect more bug fix updates in the near future as all of you have had the privilege of paying to test the app for the developer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Man y’all have some bad luck. My 4 active Coverts have been flawless since that final update a few days ago. I’m starting to dig the new app as well. From somebody that doesn’t like a lotta change, it’s growing on me quick.
        x2

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
          Best thing I ever did. Talk about anticipation on hunts, it brings it back for sure.
          I like anticipation on hunts but if your trips are limited then you want to maximize your trips especially if your hunting a particular buck. If said buck hasn't been at a particular feeder then why waste time there or if your 5 hrs away and deer aren't consistent then you may wait until a more productive time. Plus with the wireless cams I feel like im in the stand 24/7 window shopping

Just different needs for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Man y’all have some bad luck. My 4 active Coverts have been flawless since that final update a few days ago. I’m starting to dig the new app as well. From somebody that doesn’t like a lotta change, it’s growing on me quick.
            They def made some good changes after the initial release, its very user friendly now, almost as good as it was before

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              I like anticipation on hunts but if your trips are limited then you want to maximize your trips especially if your hunting a particular buck. If said buck hasn't been at a particular feeder then why waste time there or if your 5 hrs away and deer aren't consistent then you may wait until a more productive time. Plus with the wireless cams I feel like im in the stand 24/7 window shopping

Just different needs for some.

Nailed it!

Comment

I was a big fan...at first. Had a Covert Code Red (non cellular) that took the best pics I'd ever seen. It kept getting water in it and quit working. They sent me a replacement. It was waterproof....but quit working. Got a third one.....worked great....until it didn't. I have Browning and a few old Moultries that are firing away perfectly.

Comment

I love my Coverts. Still have the old App as well. ��

Comment

Quit using mine, went back to cheap manual card cameras! Think mine is laying on back of my sons truck with the antenna chewed off by a cow�� antennas are like 14.00 on eBay but don’t think I will even bother.

Comment

We have 6 Coverts and, at any given time, at least 2 of them are not working.
                      I have sat down with customer service half a dozen times. I reset the cameras and they work again for anywhere from a week to a couple months before quitting. I'm about to send two in for tech support to figure out.
                      One ranch I work for uses several and they have the same issues.
                      Covert customer service is pretty good but their products are terrible. You shouldn't have to keep CS on speed dial.

Comment

Working...
                      X