Is she the one question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew immediately.

Just remember that whatever things you dont like about a person only get worse after marriage, not better.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle jesse View Post
      No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED. However, in a recent linguistic conference held in London and attended by some of the best linguists in the world: Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese, was the clear winner.

His final challenge was this:
      Some say there is no difference between “COMPLETE” and FINISHED.
      Please explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED
      in a way that is easy to understand.

Here is his astute answer:
      "When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE.
      But, when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED.
      And when the right one catches you with the wrong one,
      you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!"

His answer was received with a standing ovation.

Oh man, I may have to steal this!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        That is a good word Shane! And a point you made reminded me that when I tell folks my wife and I have known each other before 1st grade, that's probably not the best time reference... We also grew up in church and Bible Study together... Having done that, I just don't know how either of us could ever do anything that would be purposefully harmful to the other... We were present at each other's Baptism's... hers came many years before mine, but I remember 'em both like it was yesterday.

Again, Shane, you do have a way with words, and these are filled with wisdom that you posted.
        Thanks, Charlie. God definitely has a way of putting the right opportunities in front of us. If we're smart enough to capitalize on them when He puts them in front of us, it works out unimaginably well. Your story of your lifelong relationship with your wife is a prime example!

Comment

I think we actually had an arranged marriage we been married so long. We were kids when we married. I was 21 and she was 20. Her Dad had to pay my Dad a dowry. 2 goats, three chickens and a duck. We are working on 44 years. Some has been rough but the more we practice the better we get.

Comment

When she starts skinning her own deer and filleting her own fish she's a good one, then when she starts cleaning your deer and filleting your fish she's THE one!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I knew after about 4 months. He made me better and still does to his day. He is way too good to me and for the life of me, I can't figure out how I got so lucky. This upcoming Sunday is our 20th wedding anniversary.
                Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                When she starts skinning her own deer and filleting her own fish she's a good one, then when she starts cleaning your deer and filleting your fish she's THE one!
                I have done/do all of those things FTR. There are even TBHers that can vouch for me cleaning the hubbys deer after his back surgery!

Comment

The old saying of don’t try to turn a whore into a housewife is absolutely true. Tried that the first time and it failed miserably. The second time around I found a good woman that wasn’t scared to put me in my place. Not saying it’s been easy but dang sure been worth it.

Comment

Look up Hot crazy matrix on you tube and see where she fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Bout to celebrate 17 years of marriage and 20 years together. My advice....make God the head of your household and realize that being right isn't that important. Find one that shares your values. We married very early and learned how to be grown ups together. We are both very conservative and still enjoy each other's company.
                      Best advice I’ve seen on here yet. Wife and I have been married 13 years and together for 18. The first 8 years of marriage were a struggle before I had God in my life and in our marriage. She is my best friend now and I love her more and more every day. Very thankful she has stuck with me through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                        Best advice I’ve seen on here yet. Wife and I have been married 13 years and together for 18. The first 8 years of marriage were a struggle before I had God in my life and in our marriage. She is my best friend now and I love her more and more every day. Very thankful she has stuck with me through everything.

What types of things do you guys do to make God apart of yalls marriages? Obviously each person putting him first and church etc. But what else...

Comment

Working...
                        X