Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure she has small hands.

Comment

Yes, I knew she was the one. The one I could not stand to look at after 16 years of marriage. The one whose voice grated on my ears. The one I never wanted to touch again.

Oh, you were talking about THAT one ! Yes, I knew she was the one too, and 37 years later, she’s STILL the ONE !

Comment

Definitely a divided response. Everyones situation is different. I do believe as rushtojudge said, “ you have to both be in the right place for it”. Even with someone compatible i feel like if you marry too young and not ready it may be a relationship built on sand.

Comment

I knew she was the one after seeing her family’s ranch and a picture of her boat

Comment

Bout to celebrate 17 years of marriage and 20 years together. My advice....make God the head of your household and realize that being right isn't that important. Find one that shares your values. We married very early and learned how to be grown ups together. We are both very conservative and still enjoy each other's company.

Comment

Tried to run mine off...she wouldn't leave, that was 32 years ago.

Naw, just kidding. I prayed for GOD to send me a wife, laid out some of the things I wanted in my wife, prayers were answered. 32 years later, here we are. The only wife I have had.
              So to answer your question, it would be wise to include the LORD in your request for a wife.

Comment

Good stuff brother. I’ve been wondering the same thing lately. Had some girl friends over the years but never really felt that they were the one. I admittedly fall in love a little quick sometimes. I’ve had to listen to my folks and my grandparents that I’ll know when the right one truly comes along. Until then I’m gonna enjoy the single life and do whatever the heck I want to.

Comment

I guess we both knew "he/she is the one" as we celebrated our 56th in June.

Comment

when i listen to Alan Jackson"s "remember when" it really hits home.....

Comment

Here's a hint...……..
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Nadcqgp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	24588878

Comment

I guess I knew early on... took some convincing from me to get her to "know it"...
                        Known my wife since first grade... never even had a date with anyone else... been married 43 years next month... God knew how scatterbrained I can be so He set me up with the right one right from the git-go... He's been takin' care of me so much longer than I've even known Him!! I've had grace WAY beyond what I deserved, and won't even talk about the mercy He's shown me... All that to say, just pray and ask God to show you. Lay it TOTALLY in His hands. He won't steer you wrong.

Comment

Divorce court is full of people that “knew she was the one right away”. Don’t rush anything and pray on it. Sit down with a preacher or a premarital counselor. They’ll help bring things to the surface that maybe haven’t came to mind yet.

Comment

I have been with my wife for only 39 years so I not sure I can help. Knew right away.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                              Here's a hint...……..
                              [ATTACH]969018[/ATTACH]
                              -2 points for only having enough ammo for one range trip.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                I guess I knew early on... took some convincing from me to get her to "know it"...
                                Known my wife since first grade... never even had a date with anyone else... been married 43 years next month... God knew how scatterbrained I can be so He set me up with the right one right from the git-go... He's been takin' care of me so much longer than I've even known Him!! I've had grace WAY beyond what I deserved, and won't even talk about the mercy He's shown me... All that to say, just pray and ask God to show you. Lay it TOTALLY in His hands. He won't steer you wrong.
                                Wow that literally a lifetime

Comment

Working...
                                X