X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How’s everyone holdin up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made 3 rounds of layoffs so far. My plant has been down since Thanksgiving so I don't know how.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got hit at the end of March, glad i put some back and worked extra when I could.

Comment

Been dead in the land business.....for a while. Hoping for a rebound sometime this year. Lucky to have put a little bit away but hate using savings!

Comment

Both land man gigs I had going have been down since April. Not in any danger financially, but living off savings instead of growing that account really sucks. The refinance on the house saved us a bunch of money also.

That being said, if anyone is looking for an experienced ROW agent or anything on that side of the house let me know. I really love that part of oil and gas.

Comment

Both of our big neighbors have now filed for bankruptcy.
              Somehow we are still hanging in there
              Our big reorganization was last fall. We lost a lot of good experienced
              people that can’t afford to retire, but can’t find a new gig. I worry about all our
              young guys just starting their careers.
              Me I am trying to go out on my schedule. We’ll see

BP

Comment

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

My dads company that I have run for the last 11 years is basically dead. No orders coming in at all. I am still getting a paycheck while doing lineman school because of the PPP which I’m very thankful for. I still don’t know what my dad is going to do tho.

I am hoping to get a lineman apprenticeship by early October or so.

Comment

Not terrible for us but it’s definitely slower. We seem to have hit the bottom or at least we hope so. I believe we are still covering around 18-20 full service rigs and running rental tools to 8-10 more

We focused on adding quality equipment just in time and it has paid off. I look for our company to come out of this very strong when it comes around

Comment

Luckily we are kinda busy on the production side of things. Still sending out equipment daily but it’s still slow. As far as the sales side of things go, it’s frustrating and tougher than all get out! Can’t get responses or answered phone calls from engineers and others. Will just keep plugging away while I’m employed.

Praying for a quicker turnaround but all the majors keep saying Q4 is when activity will start to pick up.

If anyone is in the gas lift, plunger or packer business, PM me. We are possibly adding another salesman to the team. If you need equipment, lemme know too, I can help you there
                    Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 06-30-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

My BIL got the call back to work for end of July to back on a 14/14 as a Completion consultant. Same place that laid him off. So thats one plus. I'm still working and we are steady but on the slower side.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        Luckily we are kinda busy on the production side of things. Still sending out equipment daily but it’s still slow. As far as the sales side of things go, it’s frustrating and tougher than all get out! Can’t get responses or answered phone calls from engineers and others. Will just keep plugging away while I’m employed.

Praying for a quicker turnaround but all the majors keep saying Q4 is when activity will start to pick up.

If anyone is in the gas lift, plunger or packer business, PM me. We are possibly adding another salesman to the team. If you need equipment, lemme know too, I can help you there

Q4 of which year?

Comment

Things are SLOW on my end, which was expected. If tools aren’t being torn up, people don’t need replacement parts for them.

We have had three rounds of layoffs, down to a skeleton crew and hourly folks are working 25 hrs/wk and salary folks are taking a week’s furlough every month until things turn around.

I am hoping that we have started to touch bottom at this point, rig count is dropping less and less each week. I think there were 279 rigs in the North American lands this last count?

I’m also having trouble getting customers to communicate at this point, but it makes sense, everyone is tired of talking about how slow everything is and how much COVID sux.

Agree with everyone that is having to dip into savings! Have a wedding coming up in October, with my salary effectively cut by 25%, had to start dipping in to mine as well. Never feels good.

Hoping you fellas are doing alright and keep your heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Q4 of which year?
                            This year. If next year then we are all screwed no matter what

Comment

For those interested in wind farm work there is a huge project just south of where we live in Iowa. The wind farm is between Kirksville, Missouri and Lancaster, Missouri. Every RV park and motel in this area is full.

In just a few months, work will be underway to construct a large wind farm in northeast Missouri. Last May, a company called Terra-Gen and Ameren Missouri announced plans to build the state's largest wind farm in Adair and Schuyler counties. The project has been dubbed the High Prairie Wind Farm. Last week, a representative from Terra-Gen was in the area updating residents and county officials on the project.

Comment

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Company I worked for shutdown about a week ago. If anyone hears of operations management positions oilfield or non oilfield please let me know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X