2019/2020 bosque county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Well, finally dusted in the fall plots yesterday. Breck and I tagged teamed it and surprisingly went pretty smooth.

I had already busted and conditioned all the plots along the edge of the river. So I had Breck sling and cover all the big seed first. Then sling the oats, rape and wheat second then lightly drag. By that time I had the road side lane plot ready to roll. Sent him over there to do the same while I manually broadcast all the small seed........ Wow I am out of shape.

All in all, start to finish took about 4 hours to get all the seed out. Once we were finished Breck wanted to climb up in a couple stands and shoot his bow, I think he is ready.........

A few photos below of the day and hope all enjoy.

Hope all have a giant tied up. Best of luck to all and God bless.

Rwc

Wish our land owner would allow us to do plots on our place. But he wants native grass for the cows.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Looks like y’all have got it going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
        Wish our land owner would allow us to do plots on our place. But he wants native grass for the cows.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-
        Understood, our place is solely for recreation.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
          Looks like y’all have got it going on

Just lucky I guess.....

Rwc

Comment

A few acorns falling now on my river grounds, but deer still hitting feed stations. My white oaks and red oaks shed all there scorns early in September before they matured out, so all I am finding is a few Live Oaks here and there. Now my McLennan county grounds are a different story, most of my Live Oaks are loaded and will be raining acorns shortly.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

No good Bosque Co Deer being taken? Anyone seeing Rut activity?

Comment

Ashton and I sat this evening on the river and videoed the forked G-2 buck from previous post. Hopefully he will step out when Brecks in the tree this weekend.
                Cameras are showing allot of young bucks bumping does.

Rwc

Comment

I am getting out Friday-Monday. Have had a few nice shooters right at dark and all night on cam. Hoping since I have not been out in over a week it has changed and I get an opportunity. Land Owner is talking about burning brush all weekend so I hope it doesn’t mess things up.

Comment

I found out most of the stuff around me is day leased and they killed the buck I’ve been after at 730 Saturday morning. Less than stellar news.

Comment

I hunt near Meridian with my family and last weekend we saw several instances of bucks chasing doe and scent trailing them. My wife dropped her first buck too!

Really looking forward to this weekend.

Comment

I am between Valley Mills and China Springs. Hoping for a good weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mmurphey View Post
                          I hunt near Meridian with my family and last weekend we saw several instances of bucks chasing doe and scent trailing them. My wife dropped her first buck too!

Really looking forward to this weekend.

Congrats to your wife.

Comment

A few photos of scrape activity. Ashton is looking for a big barrelled rack 8 point with unreal dog catchers but he has been missing in action for the last 2 weeks. Got our fingers crossed that he did not become someone else's trophy....... But if so, congrats to them.

Rwc
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the Forked G-2 buck Ashton and I watched ease out onto the river food plot late yesterday evening. Sorry for the quality of the photo but had to capture off my video due to low light conditions. Breck has called rights to him, but I think Ashton gave him an ultimatum last night while eating dinner.......We will see.

Rwc
                              Attached Files

Comment

Man those are some pretty Deer. Glad to see action is around. Them boys have some choices

Comment

Working...
                                X