This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    Dak is not great, he may never be great, great QB's do not need great lines, great backs, great receivers to win games, they also have a defense that could very well be great, Dak has fallen into a great situation and I believe he will make the best of it, I really like him, I bet he will get him a SB before it is all over.
    I'm with ya

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      Wow! I guess when Troy went 1-15 he was not great either. I will agree he is in a great position but you still need talent, great leadership and good decision making to win as a QB in the NFL and especially to win playoff games.
      I guess I should have been more clear, Dak has all of those things, he should **** well be great or very **** good. Lets put it this way, if Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, and a few others were the QB of this team what would the expectations be ? My point is if he cannot win with what he has then he is not great, maybe not even very good.

Comment

Dang Roger..... Jerrah loves fans like you.....lol
        I will admit....they look pretty solid right now!

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          Well they had a pretty good quarterback between Aikman and Prescott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Quincy Carter?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I should have been more clear, Dak has all of those things, he should **** well be great or very **** good. Lets put it this way, if Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, and a few others were the QB of this team what would the expectations be ? My point is if he cannot win with what he has then he is not great, maybe not even very good.
            This is a great point.Hell,Brady plays with a ton of different guys year in,year out.I've never heard of any of them..The Quarterback,and the coaching staff are the difference up there.Just like it was here 25yrs ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Dang Roger..... Jerrah loves fans like you.....lol
              I will admit....they look pretty solid right now!
              LOL, I am a big fan, I am also a big fan of Dak, was not trying to put him down, just saying that he has the tools to be great or at least win a championship, i think he has the coaches as well, I know a lot of folks do not like Garrett but I do, I think he will win a championship before its all said and done, may not be with the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                Quincy Carter?

[emoji849] Anthony Wright

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                  [emoji849] Anthony Wright

[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    This is a great point.Hell,Brady plays with a ton of different guys year in,year out.I've never heard of any of them..The Quarterback,and the coaching staff are the difference up there.Just like it was here 25yrs ago.

Barry Switzer was the coach of the Cowboys 25 years ago. I never liked him as the coach of the Cowboys.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post

Yes because there was a bunch of no names on the Cowboys that surrounded Aikman[emoji23]

You’ve never heard of Randy Moss, Gronk, Edleman, Amendola, Wes Welker?
                      Last edited by Smart; 09-11-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

So the bar is 3 future hall of famers, and the most unique phenom to come around in decades?

Those guys aren’t exactly surrounded by scrubs.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-11-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          So the bar is 3 future hall of famers, and the most unique phenom to come around in decades?

Those guys aren’t exactly surrounded by scrubs.

Ok Dale what else can the Cowboys get Dak to help him ? I guess they could go get Julio Jones to pair up with Cooper, Maybe Kelsey to play tight end, hell they could also maybe get Cleo Mack and your idol Jaylon Ramsey to bolster the defense. May as well see if you can get Bellicek to coach them. How many future hall of famers do you think Dak has around him, I will go out on a limb and say at least 5 without naming any of them. You used the top 3 QB's to make your point, there are probably 8-10 more that if they were the QB the expectations would be the same with this group of talent that the Cowboys have acquired.

Comment

QB’s like these are under every old rock out there Jerry should go get a couple of them.

I guess the point I am trying to make is he is good enough to win playoff games and a Supper bowl. Will he be elite? Time will tell.
                            Can he throw the ball as good as Romo? No. Is he better decision maker? Yes. Is he better under pressure? Yes. Does he protect the ball better? Yes. Does he run the ball better? Yes. Is he a better QB? Yes in my opinion.
                            I just get tired of everybody running Dak down. He’s a heck of a lot better than most give him credit. I don’t think he can keep playing like he did Sunday every week, but he should be able to do it enough to get the team deep in the playoffs. And that is all that matters to football players and fans!

Comment

Ok Dale what else can the Cowboys get Dak to help him ? I guess they could go get Julio Jones to pair up with Cooper, Maybe Kelsey to play tight end, hell they could also maybe get Cleo Mack and your idol Jaylon Ramsey to bolster the defense. May as well see if you can get Bellicek to coach them. How many future hall of famers do you think Dak has around him, I will go out on a limb and say at least 5 without naming any of them. You used the top 3 QB's to make your point, there are probably 8-10 more that if they were the QB the expectations would be the same with this group of talent that the Cowboys have acquired.
                              Belichick, and Khalil Mack? BTW Julio is off limits
                              Last edited by Jcjohnson; 09-11-2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                                Belichick, and Khalil Mack? BTW Julio is off limits
                                Yes that guy, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X