This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
    His win percentage since being in the league is top five I believe. So I don’t think he is terrible personally, I mean that’s gotta mean something. I would be nervous as hell sending him off knowing he is going directly to the Giants. If he is replaced, Jerry better be ready to hire a coach with some nuts and isn’t a yes man. Does Jerry have that in him?
    Herman looking to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      He's worse than bad...I'm not sure he's awake.

4th and 7 is sure no guarantee. But you hadn't gotten in the end zone all day. That's as close as you'd been all day. Facing the best D in the league in 30mph wind, rain, cold, mud...special teams is garbage (because the coach sucks), you gotta go for it. The field goal is worthless without a TD, and again, you hadn't been close to getting one all day. TD extends the game...field goal is useless.
      ......yep......100%

Plus, at some point, especially for Garrett and THIS team at THIS point in time, you've got to demonstrate true belief that they can get it done......

IMOP, by going for it Garrett would have demonstrated confidence in both his offense and his defense......

Offense can gain 253" ......

Or, if they don't pull it off this time.....

that the defense will keep em pinned (wasn't like NE's offense was lighting them up) and then they're forced to punt out of the back of the end zone, in a cold rain, and into a heavy, cold wind.....

That's how you make/keep a team passionate and motivated......

But he essentially punted by taking 3..... IMOP showing lack of true belief in his team....

To be a champion you've got to, on occasion and against great odds, go for it.... Johnson, Parcells, Royal, etc etc etc were willing to fire at em....both the opponent and the odds....

Garrett "punted".....

Others will disagree.....and I totally understand their position.... I just disagree
      Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-25-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Herman looking to move up.
        Hard pass... maybe harbaugh...

Comment

If Garrett had gone for it and they fail he would have been crucified as well, its a no win for him unless they go for it and make it. Why is no one questioning Dak for throwing the ball away on the third down when he had a really good chance of getting the first down if he had ran it himself ? Worst case they would have had a fourth and short, why does he get a pass ? I aggree that the coaching has been bad but the QB has had chances and chose not to take them, it is like he is protecting himself so he does not get hurt and miss out on a huge contract, sure hope Dak is not that guy, he was quoted as saying he does not play football for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            Hard pass... maybe harbaugh...
            Don't tell anybody, but I'd like to see Romo in the HC position.

He's a football genius

The locker room would instantly be behind him

He's be great to make Dak go from good to great

And most importantly he has the relationship with and trust of the (overly involved) Jones family - nobody is going to be successful in this job without that.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              Look at stats if you don’t think he’s right..Brady is lost this season

10-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post

He's a football genius

And most importantly he has the relationship with and trust of the (overly involved) Jones family - nobody is going to be successful in this job without that.
                He has been pretty dang good at whatever he has done, I doubt he would give up his gig to become a coach anytime soon, especially with 3 young children.

Comment

He's a football genius

Tony aint bout that grind. His life is to easy right now. I think he'd be better suited for college if he ever decided he wanted to be miserable.

Comment

He's a football genius

Golf

Comment

Lincoln Riley or bring in Troy!

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Tony aint bout that grind. His life is to easy right now. I think he'd be better suited for college if he ever decided he wanted to be miserable.

Comment

I believe if the boy's loose Thursday Garrett is gone Friday and Richard is in.
                        If they happen to win and the minute they loose and they are out of the playoff picture Garrett is gone. If they win the division and loose in the wildcard game Garrett is gone.
                        Remember his contract expires as soon as the season is over so Jerry does not have to fire him just replace him. Anyways I hope/believe Garrett is gone unless he wins the Superbowl, but I think I have a better shot at winning the lottery. I have no clue who the next yes man will be but I don't think anybody worth their salt would sign up to be Jerry's puppet. I would like to see Robert Saleh 49er's DC get the job but what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                          I believe if the boy's loose Thursday Garrett is gone Friday and Richard is in.
                          If they happen to win and the minute they loose and they are out of the playoff picture Garrett is gone. If they win the division and loose in the wildcard game Garrett is gone.
                          Remember his contract expires as soon as the season is over so Jerry does not have to fire him just replace him. Anyways I hope/believe Garrett is gone unless he wins the Superbowl, but I think I have a better shot at winning the lottery. I have no clue who the next yes man will be but I don't think anybody worth their salt would sign up to be Jerry's puppet. I would like to see Robert Saleh 49er's DC get the job but what do I know.
                          Deep state thought here. Is it possible JG has already been "replaced"? He doesn't seem to do much from the cameras perspective. As in he literally answers every question the exact same way, and he literally never appears to move on the side line during a game other than claps, spits and one or two. Any coaches on here? Am I seeing something that's not there? Can you stand in the same spot and never appear to speak, or take notes or review play cards and still be coaching?

Comment

i'm not defending jason garret but other than being the head coach why does it all fall on him? isn't kelen moore calling the plays? I heard dak audible out of several calls last night, **** why did it take dak a quarter to figure out if he needed to be wearing a glove or not.

cowboys couldnt win anything with romo, bryant and murray.they went through what 3 coaches? one being wade phillips, which has built some of the leagues best defenses. but when he was here in dallas he was a sitting duck. Parcells won enough and had enough of a pedigree no one could point the finger at him, but he got tired of JJ really quick. none the less i really don't think they will win much with dak, cooper and zeke no matter who the coach is.

mcvay was the young master mind coach, belichick and brady had no problem schooling them in the superbowl last year. look at the rams this year.... not doing so great. maybe its SB hangover, maybe there is enough film everyone is catching on. but don't get mad if they beat the cowboys in a few weeks.
                            Last edited by CTR0022; 11-25-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post

cowboys couldnt win anything with romo, bryant and murray. i really don't think they will win much with dak, cooper and zeke no matter who the coach is.
                              Common denominator?

Comment

yep, and thats never going to change till he passes.

so what are we going to do, every year talk about how great of a team they have and then get upset about over paid players and coaches that are inept and a team who can't reach its full potential because of this or that

Comment

Working...
                                X