No announcement yet.

New Moultrie Cell Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After further reviews I may just buy a couple more Coverts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
      It tells u in the instructions, it's a class 10. That's why I just got the moultrie card, it's the correct one for the camera. Yalls camera is not sending the pics because I bet u have the wrong sd card. Mine was saving them to the other card but would not send them. Changed the cards out and it started sending pics right away. Why would I spend 400 on a covert when I can buy 2 of the moultrie ones and they do the same thing, and I can put multiple cams on the same plan
      I confirmed with Moultrie customer support that the cards I tried in the camera were all correct specs for the unit. They were all formatted correctly. The camera still wouldn't connect to the server, much less send pics to it. They told me to send it back to them and they'd replace it. I decided to return it for a refund instead. Seems like it's a new model that has a lot of bugs in it still.

Comment

so, its 50/50 if these suckers even work sounds like. thanks for muddying the water fellas!
        lol

Comment

I got one the other day, set it up and took good pics at the house. From what I can tell, u can add multiple cans to the same plan. I got 4g 3,000 pics for 20 bucks a month

It tells u in the instructions, it's a class 10. That's why I just got the moultrie card, it's the correct one for the camera. Yalls camera is not sending the pics because I bet u have the wrong sd card. Mine was saving them to the other card but would not send them. Changed the cards out and it started sending pics right away. Why would I spend 400 on a covert when I can buy 2 of the moultrie ones and they do the same thing, and I can put multiple cams on the same plan

I spent $259-279 for my Coverts and my plan is $24.99 every 3 MONTHS for 20K pics and can add cameras to the same plan for $5/ month all able to draw from the 20K pictures allotment of my plan...I have 6 on it now with 2 not active.

You spent $200 for a Moultrie and pay $20/ month for 3000 pics... or $60 every three months for 9000 pics...

You should do the math and reconsider your statement in blue. Pay me now or pay me later. You are getting a slightly cheaper camera (and a Moultrie at that) up front and overpaying for service IMO.. hence my comment above about they all get their money some way.

Its like buying razors. You get the razor holder itself for cheap upfront with two refills. Then they gouge you as you need more.
          Last edited by Smart; 07-24-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

New Moultrie Cell Camera

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            My spartan did the same thing. Any 10c card will work as long as it is formatted for that camera only. I just used one out of an old camera and got a few pics then it stopped. Switched the card and bam all good.

I would like to know about this $5 a month plan. My spartan is not that cheap. Mine is $35 for 3 months.
            If you have Verizon cellular shared plan you can add a Verizon Spartan GoCam to it for $5/month. It’s just like adding another line I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sounds like there are a lot of bugs to work out still with cell cameras. Think I’ll just stick to, sometimes the inconvenience of, checking my standard cams for now.

Comment

moultrie cell network has problems

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                  I would like to know about this $5 a month plan. My spartan is not that cheap. Mine is $35 for 3 months.

Added my Spartan to Verizon for $5 per month as an added line to my Verizon account and use the email service to send my pictures. No payment goes to Spartan for anything.

Comment

Bump. Looking for more recent info on the Moultrie

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                      Bump. Looking for more recent info on the Moultrie
                      I just put one out last weekend. So far I’m satisfied.

My settings are on low sensitivity, 1 minute delays with pictures set to upload once a day. The pictures are a little grainy on the app but I’ve been told they are clear when you pull the SD card. It does give you the option to request a hi-res picture but I haven’t tried that yet.

I have approx 350 pictures and battery level is still showing 100% (Energizer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put one out about a month ago. The ATT variant. I added a remote 12v battery and have that on an ASF solarvpanel. I agree with what someone said above, they are getting their money on the data plans. I'm more than satisfied with the cameras performance though and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Comment

I set mine up to take one photo with 10 minute delay, that gets my 1500 pic limit through just about the entire month which is all I care to spend.

Comment

Fyi-Requesting Hi-res photos costa you 35 pics off your plan. The uploaded thumbnails aren't good for much more than telling buck from doe

Comment

Good info thank you

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                              I set mine up to take one photo with 10 minute delay, that gets my 1500 pic limit through just about the entire month which is all I care to spend.
                              How many cameras are you running and how much per month?

Comment

One cam, 1500 pics $15/month

Comment

Working...
                                X