Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
    This thread is depressing.
    It really is, I feel for you guys and cant imagine how stressed LO's in the area are.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      A friends place just south of Sonora on 277 in Sutton County found close to 100 dead deer and didn't see a single live one.
      Wow, that's insane

Comment

Praying for cooler weather and rain for you all. It is very depressing to see the reports.

Comment

Hoping to head West Fri to gain a lil intel. Reports are not good.

Comment

I heard a rumor an individual contracted anthrax from dragging dead goats in shorts and had an open wound on his leg. Anyone else heard this? I have no idea if true or not. My friend is at the lease northwest of Ozona and will be back today. Waiting to hear if he is seeing any signs of it there.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              I heard a rumor an individual contracted anthrax from dragging dead goats in shorts and had an open wound on his leg. Anyone else heard this? I have no idea if true or not. My friend is at the lease northwest of Ozona and will be back today. Waiting to hear if he is seeing any signs of it there.
              I know that's a good way to come in contact... Don't touch AT ALL! haven't heard this story yet.

Comment

Dragging it is a good way to get the bacteria on you but it also spreads it in the pasture. Burn it, bury it, or leave it is what they recommend. I have heard that some people will cover it in lye.

Comment

Ttt. Anyone gonna be out that way this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Ttt. Anyone gonna be out that way this weekend?
                    I will be at the lease this weekend to check it out.

Comment

We just got back from our place off 189. It’s pretty bad. We found 2 white tail does on the hoof. On any normal day it is not unusual to see 100 plus white tails and 30-40 axis. It looks like they vanished off camera around 7/12-7/14. We found dozens of carcasses including Axis and turkeys.
                      We talked to several locals in Sonora and San Angelo and they have all said this is the worst they have ever seen it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	24587780

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How can you tell if the animal died from anthrax by seeing the carcass?? What to look for?

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post
                          We just got back from our place off 189. It’s pretty bad. We found 2 white tail does on the hoof. On any normal day it is not unusual to see 100 plus white tails and 30-40 axis. It looks like they vanished off camera around 7/12-7/14. We found dozens of carcasses including Axis and turkeys.
                          We talked to several locals in Sonora and San Angelo and they have all said this is the worst they have ever seen it. [ATTACH]966488[/ATTACH]

Man that it horrible. Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully those Angelo folks aren’t talking about the Angelo area[emoji26]. Deer on my Covert still seem pretty healthy

Comment

I too hunt off of 189 (south side) and I witnessed the same thing last weekend. Two deer (1 WT & 1 Axis) the entire weekend. Many of the game cams showed zero deer after June 24th and my deer vanished July 12th. I literally had 250 pounds of protein sitting inside my Lamco trough. Corner the roads for two days with no action.

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post
                              We talked to several locals in Sonora and San Angelo and they have all said this is the worst they have ever seen it. [ATTACH]966488[/ATTACH]

How far down 189 are you from 277?

Comment

anthrax updates for Sutton and valverde

Sutton county has another pretty big fire burning right now according to there Facebook something else to have to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X