• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome trip!

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
      https://rwfishing.com/fishing_alaska...d_packages.htm

So there’s lots of fish camps in the area & each probably has its own unique service. My dad suggested RW’s bc he has friends that have been coming the last 6-8 years.
      The facility here is newer than most, very good service (how they’re organized, fish processing to housekeeping) & the owner is always around helping out his clients.

Remember to factor in your airline costs and getting here from Anchorage airport
      thank you

Comment

Slept in this morning, got up & shore fished the Kenai river for sockeye...got a few 8 pounders

Then we met our guide for king salmon fishing...in the boat now with rods out

Comment

Comment

Looks like an epic trip! Thanks for sharing pics....and keep ‘me coming!

Comment

Awesome trip! Catch a bunch!

Comment

Moose in camp!

Comment

That's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So envious of your trip Jeff. I started going to R.W.'s around 1990. Me, my Dad and my son. RW did not have the lodge then but he had two condos closer to Soldatna. Have made many trips there over the years and still love it every time. You can have the halibut fishing. We generally went in a bigger boat on the spit in Homer but went in the Six Pack boats out of Ninilcik last year and put in the surf with those skidders. So rough and I got sick as a dog. Fly outs are really neat. Big Lake is cool but sometimes they will fly you across to the Cuskitan River (sp?) They put those planes down in the river. Heck, it looked like a creek to me. My wife and I took our whole family last year. It was an even numbered year and the humpies were really in strong. My granddaughters caught more fish than they dreamed possible.

Comment

Heck of a trip!

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                        So envious of your trip Jeff. I started going to R.W.'s around 1990. Me, my Dad and my son. RW did not have the lodge then but he had two condos closer to Soldatna. Have made many trips there over the years and still love it every time. You can have the halibut fishing. We generally went in a bigger boat on the spit in Homer but went in the Six Pack boats out of Ninilcik last year and put in the surf with those skidders. So rough and I got sick as a dog. Fly outs are really neat. Big Lake is cool but sometimes they will fly you across to the Cuskitan River (sp?) They put those planes down in the river. Heck, it looked like a creek to me. My wife and I took our whole family last year. It was an even numbered year and the humpies were really in strong. My granddaughters caught more fish than they dreamed possible.

Wow very cool info about RW’s early set ups.
                        I agreed about the rough ride for halibut fishing....sure enjoyed the smooth ride of the big boat we used from Homer in 2011.
                        The best part so far has been the fly out to Big Lake...would like to do 2 days next time!
                        Would love to see the pink salmon come up in one of those years, my boys like your granddaughters would absolutely love it.
                        Lol they kinda are tired of hauling reds in at this point.
                        We are driving to Homer this afternoon just to mix things up after dishing hard for kings last night & this morning without success. We have one more shot tomorrow morning.
                        Friday we are going after graylings

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Worked hard the last few days for kings & got rained on all day yesterday which is typical AK weather.
                            So we ventured down to Homer to change things up.
                            Back on the water this morning with better weather....

Comment

Glad my mom & dad could join us for lunch

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X