Work sharp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
    I’m the same. I’ve tried to get an edge on multiple knives and just can’t one.

I tend to buy new ones when they get dull instead of sharpening. I moved to outdoor edge for the throw away blades for skinning with one skinning knife I keep an edge on.

Most of my pocket knives open boxes and that’s it but I do have a Spyderco Sharpmaker I use for my skinning knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love mine!!

Comment

I’ve been looking at these for my hunting and fishing knives. Almost all my kitchen knives are Shun which is a 16* angle so I think I’d have to get the ken onion to be able to do those. And I love those knives so much I just send them back to the factory when they need to be tuned up

Comment

Use mine year round for all types of tools. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What are you guys doing that aren’t able to get an edge or ruin a tip? I use sharpfinger knives for my skinning and sharpen my fillet knives and haven’t ever ruined a tip or a blade. Buy a leather belt for it and you can get it scary sharp.

Comment

They were doing a demo at cabelas, so my buddy handed him his knife. Came back dull. So yeah we passed. Was probably the user

Comment

EZ guide video

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                What are you guys doing that aren’t able to get an edge or ruin a tip? I use sharpfinger knives for my skinning and sharpen my fillet knives and haven’t ever ruined a tip or a blade. Buy a leather belt for it and you can get it scary sharp.
                Yes I thought the work sharp was idiot proof, if you can read the instructions and take some time they are pretty fast and simple to get a scary sharp knife
                They also provide instructional videos on YouTube if you find the manual hard to follow

Comment

Love mine. Just be careful or you can round off the tip of your knife quick.

Comment

IMO best sharpener I’ve used for kitchen to field knives.
                    I haven’t lost any knife tips & always have sharp edges...def worth the money for me

Comment

Youtube is your friend, and should be considered required training, before you even plug it in. I like mine a lot.

Comment

The Warthog V sharp extreme does not grind the edge, it only hones it. I doubt that it will fix a damaged edge, but it does well on a dull edge. Does not require electric and is portable. Lansky is still a good sharpener too.

I have owned and sold Work Sharp grinders since they first come out. They work good on a damaged edge, but certain blade shapes and tips can be difficult. I sometimes wonder if it takes the temper out of the edge from too much grinding at one time. A spey blade or blunt nose is a real booger to sharpen on a work sharp, the very tip is hard to get sharp. Lansky does the best on them for me.

So, I own three different sharpeners.

Comment

Best tool ever. I use mine ALL the time.

Comment

Got 1
                            If you looking for convenience then it's the one for you
                            If you are a guy looking for a new skill and to kill some time go the stones route

Comment

I've been tempted but still use my old stone. I might take the leap one day though.

Comment

Working...
                              X