Work sharp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    I have the ken onion work sharp love it I got it to sharpen my broadheads but I'm using it for just about everything now. It even sharpens axes, machetes, and lawn mower blades really well if you remove the guard.
    Me to , even can sharpen my tree loppers
    And re tipped my spydaco after I broke it off
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Great sharpener for cheap store bought knives.
      They are the fastest sharpener made when used on the right stuff with the right type of belt. An old cheap Henkel Walmart chef knife takes about 20 seconds to get a scary sharp slightly toothy edge with a Trizact A20 belt.
      To save the tip from rounding off, never drag the tip back past half way across the belt before you lift and always rotate the blade slightly up to keep the belt grind angle exactly perpendicular to the knife's curved edge. Unless you have used one a lot and know exactly how to use it, you WILL ruin a good high quality blade in two places, tip and at the ricasso.

I have one but never use it except without the guide for contouring handles, wood or micarta on the knives I make. For some things it works better than a bandfile or scalloped belts for contouring and shaping handles since the belt is only 1/2" wide. Same deal with the onion except it's vari speed, adjustable angle and wider belt.
      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I like mine but use it for shaping knife handles and detail sanding tasks more than knife sharpening

Comment

I have the ken onion and also bought the attachment. Really like it.

Comment

Really like mine.

Comment

Love mine as well.

Comment

A friend bought me the cheaper Worksharp combo sharpener. Not impressed with it. It only has one grit belt and a ceramic stone. Maybe I'm not using it right, but I prefer to use the Lansky sharpeners over this Worksharp combo.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

So there is a a regular worksharp for $69 and a Ken onion worksharp for $149. Is the more expensive one worth it? Looks like it is variable speed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Ken Onion edition. I like it but I am not getting the results I expected. When. I bought it, the guy at Cabela's put a heck of an edge on a cheap pocket knife and did it rather quickly.... What am I doing wrong?
                    Last edited by Jon B; 07-17-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Couldn’t get the results I expected from it.
                      Took it back to store .
                      I do fine with the stone my Grandpa gave me 30 yrs ago.

Comment

I recommend watching YouTube videos on how to use it before you get started. I experimented on a couple of old kitchen knives and ruined both of them before I got the hang of it. Now I am not hesitant to use the Worksharp on my favorite knives.

Comment

I have one and it works well.

Local archery shop brought in a Warthog V sharp... havent used the other one since.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                            I have the Ken Onion edition. I like it but I am not getting the results I expected. When. I bought it, the guy at Cabela's put a heck of an edge on a cheap pocket knife and did it rather quickly.... What am I doing wrong?

I’m the same. I’ve tried to get an edge on multiple knives and just can’t one.

Comment

I wouldn't use it on a knife I liked. I wish I had the Ken Onion one with the attachment. Supposedly it's better. It will sharpen a knife, but there's a learning curve. If I ever figure it out, I will use it on my cheap kitchen knives.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                                I have one and it works well.

Local archery shop brought in a Warthog V sharp... havent used the other one since.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                That's what I have now. It's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X