No announcement yet.

Kroger rant !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, the thing that really separates grocery stores is the produce and meat section and HEB has the best produce and higher quality meat. It seems like veggies and fruit from Kroger doesn't last long at all. We have a Kroger 5 minutes from us but will drive to Conroe and go to HEB 95% of the time, we only use Kroger for a few items when we're in a pinch.

As for the self check out, I almost prefer to do it myself. The lines are normally shorter and all the produce is looked up my pictures, it isn't that hard. HEB is getting more and more of them it seems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I don't believe this. I'd like to see how much they pay for the self-checkout and how much more loss they have from theft. Employees don't cost that much compared to everything else in a big store.
      Employees are a huge expense, and even huger pain in the ***, for most businesses.

Self checkout is a hell of a lot better than waiting on 99% of the checkers that get payed to do it, and the whiny *** customers in line ahead of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        I only shop Kroger on Sunday afternoons. That's when the free cheese and wine tasting is.
        HEB next to my home has wine, beer, and food tasting on a regular basis. Not to mention all the soccer moms stopping in after they leave LA Fitness

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I don't believe this. I'd like to see how much they pay for the self-checkout and how much more loss they have from theft. Employees don't cost that much compared to everything else in a big store.
          They way they eagle eye you at the self checkout, I would think it would be too hard to get out with much.

Comment

I won't use the self checkout If no cashier is available I go to the service desk and telll them to check me out or call a cashier. They have always called someone..

Comment

My principles tell me "if I wanted to be a grocery checker, I'd get a job as a grocery checker", and "if I have to do it, they should make it all cheaper". But the fact is, if I'm at a grocery store it's usually after work, and usually because I want something particular for dinner that we didn't have at the house.....and if checking my own groceries gets me out of there and home to my peeps a minute sooner, then I'll do it my **** self. All I really want is to get home asap anyway.....with steak and beer.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of self checkouts, but I'll take it as compared to what it was like before them.

Doesn't seem all that long ago that stopping in the grocery store before or after work for a couple items was a hassle. You know, only 2 lanes open, one is the 15 items or less and the other was full service. Regardless, even the 15 items or less would have half dozen people in line and you were lucky to get out in less than 15 minutes with just a gallon of milk.

Home Depot, no different. It's nice to use self checkout for that 1-2 item purchase as compared to standing behind someone buying a cart of lumber or similar.

Probably my biggest pet peeve with self checkouts is the people that have way too many items; which sort of defeats the intended purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by quackaholic1 View Post
                  I won't use the self checkout If no cashier is available I go to the service desk and telll them to check me out or call a cashier. They have always called someone..
                  Stick it to the man.

Comment

Sounds like a tough life

Comment

Wow, that's tough man.

Comment

Kroger sucks in every way.

Comment

Bill Burr does a great routine on self checkout:
                          IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

We boycotting?

Comment

I told the Walmart manager near us I wanted a w2 from them. I told him I was sick of working for them and not being compensated.

Comment

Man I miss HEB, wish we had them here in the peach state.

Comment

Working...
                                X