No announcement yet.

Most Amusing Animal Behavior Witnessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was turkey hunting out of a pop up blind. I had an inflatable hen decoy set up a few yards away.
    Soon enough, a hen comes along and is giving my decoy the stink eye. She circles the decoy slowly, getting a little closer as she strutted. Then out of nowhere, she plants a right hook up side my decoy's head. Then she stands there like "OK, whatcha gonna do 'bout that?"
    She then circles again and repeats her right hook routine. When my decoy obstinately refused to join in the fracas, the hen comes over chest to chest with the decoy. After a couple of seconds of staring down my decoy, she just pummels the ever-loving snot out of my decoy with both wings flailing - she knocks the decoy off its base and then stares down at it like she killed it.
    When I couldn't restrain myself any more, I busted out laughing and the hen hightailed it out of there.

Comment

Was watching a doe and a fawn at my feeder one morning whenever all of a sudden the fawn hit the ground hard and started shaking violently for about a minute. Dust was flying everywhere. Whenever the fawn got up it was extremely disoriented and fell a couple times before walking off. I’m a nurse now, so all I can figure is that it was a seizure or something followed by a posictal state similar to what humans experience. Felt bad for the little fella.

Comment

Working...
      X