No announcement yet.

Best Lures Private Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goto baits for a private lake or pond are a Zoom fluke in white pearl or some other baitfish color.....and a Zoom baby brushhawg in watermelon red texas rigged or weightless. Hard to beat a slow, quiet baitfish imitator or a creature bait in a low pressure body of water..

Comment

Shakey head and black trick worm

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
        This is a lake similar in size and I would like to catch some of the better fish. I think a realistic upper end fish at this place is around 6 or so lbs.
        Do you have access to a boat or bank fishing? If similar To my lake If in a boat . This is what I would approach.. early morning beat banks with topwaters...Frogs, snakes , poppers, spinnerbaits.. as the sun rises I’m moving out to the hydrilla line with the same. Sun gets up I’m flipping jigs and tubes on the edges and in the pockets. Heat of the day time of year I’m gonna set up so I can start running crankbaits along the hydrilla line and find the depth fish are suspended . Then I will come back around and flip worms into the hydrilla at those depths in relation to the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Shakey head and black trick worm
          Lake Conroe Special!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            When fishing private lakes/tanks I have four go-to lures that are dependable “fish finders”. That is, lures one of which will always work if there are fish in the water.
            1) large beetle spin
            2) Rat-L-Trap
            3) white/chartreuse spinner bait
            4) 6” purple worm
            If you try all those and don’t catch anything, there are no fish living there
            On a tank those are my go-to’s.
            Maybe add a Rapala gold minnow.
            But on a larger lake and a boat, I might go to a crank bait to locate some fish, then a Texas rig to work on them.
            Colors depend on water clarity

Comment

Best Lures Private Lake

Also Beetle Spins , motor oil worms, zara spooks
              Last edited by Graysonhogs; 07-02-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Tiny torpedo early and late. Shad spinners and Texas rigged power worms

Comment

Big shiner under a cork!

Comment

Beetle spinner

Comment

Wacky worm hands down for me. On a watermelon finesse worm weightless

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

H&H Blue and Chartruse spinner bait pretty tough to beat. My all time favorite go to bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          My goto baits for a private lake or pond are a Zoom fluke in white pearl or some other baitfish color.....and a Zoom baby brushhawg in watermelon red texas rigged or weightless. Hard to beat a slow, quiet baitfish imitator or a creature bait in a low pressure body of water..
                          Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Wacky worm hands down for me. On a watermelon finesse worm weightless

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

yall be speaking my language!!! The only bite better than a top water is weightless plastics

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            These are mine as well, but I throw alot watermelon seed flukes with the tail dipped in Spike It.

Comment

Zoom lizard, in blueberry color....

Comment

My main go to baits in a pond are a weightless zoom lizard watermelon red or gourd green a wacky worm and a whopper flopper ! they are a killer bait especially when the fish have seen one before

Comment

Working...
                                X