Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice guys!!

Leave it to you David to catch another giant!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      We had a Great trip to Matty this AM. We were wading with croakers & had limits fast. I went back to boat & got my rod I throw plastics with while the rest of the crew finished up their limits. I caught 8 more on DSL's with one that weighed a little over 7 lbs ,all were released. We left that spot to try & find some reds & I waded up into some grass beds about knee deep. My second cast I feel a good thump & set the hook. Thinking I have a red till about a few seconds later I see a Big grey shape. Turned out to be a trout that was a little over 29 in long. 2 cast later a 23 in trout. Caught one more trout & called it. I didn't want to kill a fish we couldn't keep. A great morning with family. Wife also got her personal best with a 26 in trout.

And David puts on another clinic!!

Great day with the fam David.

Comment

Chris (Fargus) even had to break out the ol' Green Curado this morning!

Comment

We had a Great trip to Matty this AM. We were wading with croakers & had limits fast. I went back to boat & got my rod I throw plastics with while the rest of the crew finished up their limits. I caught 8 more on DSL's with one that weighed a little over 7 lbs ,all were released. We left that spot to try & find some reds & I waded up into some grass beds about knee deep. My second cast I feel a good thump & set the hook. Thinking I have a red till about a few seconds later I see a Big grey shape. Turned out to be a trout that was a little over 29 in long. 2 cast later a 23 in trout. Caught one more trout & called it. I didn't want to kill a fish we couldn't keep. A great morning with family. Wife also got her personal best with a 26 in trout.

So you remember this spot for Tuesday morning right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
            Chris (Fargus) even had to break out the ol' Green Curado this morning!

I've been fishing with mine lately too... it's been in retirement for at least 10 years.

Comment

What a day. Congrats David!

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                Glen not sure if that was you tied up next to Bink at the harbor this am. Thought it maybe was later in the day. I was a little out of sorts getting the wife and boys lined out before sunrise [emoji2957]If so sorry for not introducing myself. Tough morning for us. Caught a lot of fish including 8 or 9 snook which was cool, but just not many keeper trout. We are gonna try east bay tomorrow if there is a little breeze. If you see a blue and gray majek extreme 25 out there come say hi. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yes sir, I think so. Hard to keep all the days straight but I believe Bink and I had our boats together yesterday morning.

Comment

I was hesitant to fish the surf today after how slow the bite was for us yesterday. Then our group was very late to the dock. They shut down the bar the night before and didn't get to bed until after 4 am. We were supposed to meet at 6:15 this morning. I don't think I got out of the harbor until right around 9am and my guys were barely functioning.

So with all of that, we went and drifted the bay. My boat got our 15 trout and had a couple drum and a couple sand trout. Pretty solid for a couple hours of drift fishing with such a late start.

Comment

Nice haul David and crew!

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                      Fargus and I hit the surf this morning. Started off slow, but we switched to shrimp early and caught probably 50. Had 8 keepers(9 if the largest one I hooked hadn't tangled me around my rod tip and snapped my line[emoji41]). Bunch of 14 3/4"-ers, plus a couple 20 inch black tips. Had a 4 foot +/- shark do a drive-by on us as well. Water was pretty and baitfish and shrimp were everywhere. All in all a great morning.

Clearly I missed the morning toast the other day [emoji23]

And I guess I'm just old. I havent quit using them green curado. Hell I drug one 9 hours to catch rainbows and browns on it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Glen, that was about the most "diplomatic" post ever!! Glad "the boat" caught fish!!
                        You sir have more patience that I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          I was hesitant to fish the surf today after how slow the bite was for us yesterday. Then our group was very late to the dock. They shut down the bar the night before and didn't get to bed until after 4 am. We were supposed to meet at 6:15 this morning. I don't think I got out of the harbor until right around 9am and my guys were barely functioning.

So with all of that, we went and drifted the bay. My boat got our 15 trout and had a couple drum and a couple sand trout. Pretty solid for a couple hours of drift fishing with such a late start.
                          Congrats on your trip today! Never figured it out in all my years of guiding waterfowl hunts while you spend big money to book a hunting or fishing trip & go out & get plastered the night before.

Comment

Congrats on your trip today! Never figured it out in all my years of guiding waterfowl hunts while you spend big money to book a hunting or fishing trip & go out & get plastered the night before.
                            I'm fishing a two day tournament next month called " borracho pescador " ... looked at the schedule and sure seems like multiple " happy hours " on the agenda.... my kinda tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              I'm fishing a two day tournament next month called " borracho pescador " ... looked at the schedule and sure seems like multiple " happy hours " on the agenda.... my kinda tournament

Need a partner?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                                Need a partner?
                                I was the last of a 4 man team myself ....

I seriously think we need an annual TBH Saltwater tournament though...

Comment

Working...
                                X