Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Good luck Jon Paul, I’m glad I’m not the one having to fish after this front and that north wind.

Hope it doesnt push all the water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two limits from yesterday, five limits this morning. This morning was slow, slow slow until the front rolled through. Only had 2 box fish from 0530 until about 1000. Almost steady action after that, with multiple doubles and a triple hookup. The bulls haven’t really moved in, we released a couple today, 28 1/2 and a 32.

Cleaning this many reds at one time sucks balls, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post

Two limits from yesterday, five limits this morning. This morning was slow, slow slow until the front rolled through. Only had 2 box fish from 0530 until about 1000. Almost steady action after that, with multiple doubles and a triple hookup. The bulls haven’t really moved in, we released a couple today, 28 1/2 and a 32.

Cleaning this many reds at one time sucks balls, BTW.
        I bought a Filletzall blade. Clean them now in about 30 seconds.

Comment

Anyone fished the Sarget area recently?

Comment

Just got back from Matagorda Beach. Friday night was rough with 30 mph winds but landed a nice 37 inch red. Saturday morning I hooked this 33 incher.

Comment

It was cold and windy Saturday morning in Matty. Made a long run as both my partner and I didn’t do any scouting. Once we got to a spot we have good luck at I boated a slot red and that sealed Team of year for us. End up catching a couple more then just cruised back to the harbor and watch some football until weigh in.

Now I have the boat and truck packed and headed to Venice to fish the IFA Championship this coming Friday and Saturday.

Comment

It was a pretty good weekend. Friday the front hit and we only got to fish a couple of hours. Saturday it was cold and blowing but the fish ate pretty well. Sunday it started out pretty good but the bite died early. Yesterday we beat up on them pretty good. We were fishing the annual Texas Turfgrass Producers tournament and ended up winning big flounder and stringer and I think we had 2nd and 3rd place individual trios. Pretty good weekend and it's just going to keep getting better.

Comment

Looking good, love the bonus flounder.

Comment

Couple more trips from last week. I have had several really good days drifting with plastics lately. Last sunday and tuesday were pretty excellent. Mainly on plum/chart Bass Assassins and roach DSLs.

Comment

Congrats on some great trips Glenn! Way to get after them!

Comment

Man, those are solid trips!! That's enuf to make a man put up the bow and grab a rod!

Comment

Did a little fishing today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang y'all boys tearing them up!! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                              Did a little fishing today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Good lil meat haul there bud.

Comment

Saw a picture on Facebook last night from a group out of Sargent with a cooler full of bull croaker. My MIL will cut a man for a chance at some croaker like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X