Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    You see the chatterweight. Croak up and hammer em. I thought about giving it a shot Thursday night but I’m getting too old to be up that late. Lol
    I guess most throw the live bait at night to keep from getting lost or away from the boat too far?

Tell me, I'd for sure have to nap in the truck or get a hotel room.
    Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
    “Doc Holliday voice” say when.
    I'm your huckleberry
    Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    So I've been planning a little 1 or 2 night trip out in the bay... depending on how it goes. Now that I've got my boat back I'm gonna give it a run...

Obviously tons of water, ice, and cold beer will be a must. I'll take extra water also for a quick bath in the evenings and extra wading clothes...I also have one of these. With the wind blowing shouldn't be bad at all. Plus I won't have to worry about those pesky mosquitoes.

Not sure how many of you watch Thresher Fishing on YouTube but got the idea from him.

I'll be stocked up on Jerky, sandwich markings and junk for breakfast.

Next time I'll being my little grill and cook in the evenings, but this time I'm just gonna see how it goes and what I'll need and won't need.

Weather looks awesome, I'll post pics throughout the journey depending on my signal. Fish on!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure I'm so mad to try and sleep in the bay overnight. I'd like to keep away from malaria

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      So I've been planning a little 1 or 2 night trip out in the bay... depending on how it goes. Now that I've got my boat back I'm gonna give it a run...

Obviously tons of water, ice, and cold beer will be a must. I'll take extra water also for a quick bath in the evenings and extra wading clothes...I also have one of these. With the wind blowing shouldn't be bad at all. Plus I won't have to worry about those pesky mosquitoes.

Not sure how many of you watch Thresher Fishing on YouTube but got the idea from him.

I'll be stocked up on Jerky, sandwich markings and junk for breakfast.

Next time I'll being my little grill and cook in the evenings, but this time I'm just gonna see how it goes and what I'll need and won't need.

Weather looks awesome, I'll post pics throughout the journey depending on my signal. Fish on!

So we camped on the bank at Hog island in east bay several years ago. We had tents and a generator to run fishing lights and fans, and to be honest it wasnt really fun. Good luck Amigo.

Comment

Shane good luck on the camping trip. Might as well pack a light and a gig and make the most of it while you're out there. Lol. Surely you'll sleep on the boat? Ain't no way you I could tolerate the mosquitoes on the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Shane good luck on the camping trip. Might as well pack a light and a gig and make the most of it while you're out there. Lol. Surely you'll sleep on the boat? Ain't no way you I could tolerate the mosquitoes on the bank.
          Cot fits perfect on the front. Heck yea I'm not sleeping with the critters!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I guess most throw the live bait at night to keep from getting lost or away from the boat too far?

Tell me, I'd for sure have to nap in the truck or get a hotel room. I'm your huckleberry I'm not sure I'm so mad to try and sleep in the bay overnight. I'd like to keep away from malaria

I'll be in the middle of a gut and inside the cot. No skeeters allowed!

Comment

Sounds like my kinda trip! Good luck and have fun!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Sounds like my kinda trip! Good luck and have fun!
                Thank you sir! We'll see how it goes

Comment

Good luck Shane! Looking forward to the report.

Comment

The wife and her dad are doing on a croaker soaking trip out of Galveston in the morning so maybe they will have something to report.

In other new!!

Would anyone be interested in maybe putting together a wade trip say around August 6,7 or 8th?

I need to burn some vacation days along with running this new boat as much as possible.

I can handle 3 guys and me on a wade trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      The wife and her dad are doing on a croaker soaking trip out of Galveston in the morning so maybe they will have something to report.

In other new!!

Would anyone be interested in maybe putting together a wade trip say around August 6,7 or 8th?

I need to burn some vacation days along with running this new boat as much as possible.

Just shoot me a text when you’re ready to go.

Comment

In other new!!

I would be interested. Thanks for the generous offer.

Comment

In other new!!

Yes 👍

Comment

I will know more of a solid date when I get back to the office Friday.

Comment

In other new!!

I could be down. I'm already off Friday that week to haul up to kerrville

Comment

In other new!!

I might can go if you had room, I do have a 2 week trip to Alaska in mid August so I’d just have to see about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X