Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez. Brought the TX wind with me.

Skunked this afternoon. Oh well. Nice to finally make it to saltwater.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any recent reports?

I’ll be in Aransas Pass for the better part of the next week if anyone wants to tag along.

Comment

Took the girls for a quick boat ride this afternoon and managed to snag a couple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          Any recent reports?

I’ll be in Aransas Pass for the better part of the next week if anyone wants to tag along.

Kinda old but the 19-20 we had a pretty good trout bite at mud island on the outgoing and found some reds in the back of allyns. Picked up a couple fish wading the spoils along icw in Estes. We had to hunt for offcolor water but when we found it we usually found bait/ fish. Mud/ shell bottom.

Comment

Fishing has still been real good. We caught 'em yesterday drifting 5-6' of water with DSLs in roach, chicken of the c and magic grass on 1/4 oz heads. The bite was pretty steady all day but they were not super aggressive. We had lots of fish follow our baits all the way to the boat. I had 5 or 6 pick my lure up off the bottom with it sitting dead still. In the end we caught 30-40 keeper trout, a keeper red, one oversized red, a bunch of 18-19" reds and probably 10-15 large gulf trout. It was a fun day. Lots of bites.

Last edited by Capt Glenn; 12-28-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Easy fishing last few trips. We fished a hour or so today for our trout. Lots of dinks. We caught our 10 and went looking for reds, which didn’t work out. Lol

Comment

Finished 2019 out with a haul!

We cut this 50 hour trip off at 45 hours - limited out - got home before the front blew in.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                  Finished 2019 out with a haul!

We cut this 50 hour trip off at 45 hours - limited out - got home before the front blew in.

Holy cow!

Comment

Coastal,
                    how is the fishing in February usually. we have some family staying on the river the weekend of Valentines. May possibly be interested in doing a guided trip Saturday the 15th. How many guys could you fish. We would have 4 guys and would probably need to fish out of the boat as one of them wont get in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                      Coastal,
                      how is the fishing in February usually. we have some family staying on the river the weekend of Valentines. May possibly be interested in doing a guided trip Saturday the 15th. How many guys could you fish. We would have 4 guys and would probably need to fish out of the boat as one of them wont get in the water.
                      Fishing stays good. Only wildcard is weather.

Comment

Dang y'all slaying them cold weather fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
                          Coastal,
                          We catch fish all year but in the winter it becomes more weather dependent. You don't want to be out in a 30 mph north wind, it is miserable and pointless. So you just have to go into it with the idea that if it looks ok and works out, great and if not, no big deal. That's how I look at winter bookings. If it is fishable I'll fish but if I don't think I can catch fish I don't go.

I can fish 4 with no problem.

Comment

Philip.... kick us off with a '20 thread bubba... I'm sitting in an Old Mexico blind but my heart is in the sun filled salt coast of West Matty.... can't wait for that " thump "....

Comment

Will do Shane. I’ll be at em in the morning for my first trout of the new year. I’m confident in the trout but the reds have been giving me the slip. Not really my thing but I’ve been trying. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Will do Shane. I’ll be at em in the morning for my first trout of the new year. I’m confident in the trout but the reds have been giving me the slip. Not really my thing but I’ve been trying. Lol
                                Seems I remember " someone " making fun of me for chasing reds

Comment

Working...
                                X