Clear All

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Go get em hand!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats everyone!
        Good luck Shane!
        I'm ready to get salty again. Probably hit it one day this week!

Comment

Well rolling back north, to say it was a different day is an understatement. I decided to chase redfish in the back lakes, figuring I'd caught a ton of trout this year so I was looking for some reel screamers...

2nd cast 27" inch redfish... oh crap, I hate when that happens...I was right next to the boat so I just threw him in the chest...

Eased a little farther back in and tons of bait, then I hear a rumble way off... what the heck? Dam Airboats came blowing through my lake, guess they figured no one would be back there... great!

I load up and head to another back lake, about 3 miles East... get settled, bam 21" inch red, perfect! About 30 minutes goes by with only 1 other rat red and I hear more rumbling, I'm like this is crazy! Dang Saturday fishing... then I realize it's not boats but Black Hawks coming at me, 5 of them all about 25 feet high, they literally flew 20 feet over my head...making ripples across the water...

They literally did this for 2 hours up and down the coast of West Matty... birds, bait and fish going everywhere! They must of had some type of training, they stayed 20 to 50 feet high the whole time..

Well by then I headed out into the bay, trying to get some peace, was able to stick a keeper trout and another keeper red, but kept having drive by's by a dam bull shark, I was like oh lort I gotta get out of here...

I did see a Bald Eagle on my way back in ( no not a Cara Cara ) so that kinda made my trip a little better

Comment

Congrats Shane! Better than sittin in town!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Well rolling back north, to say it was a different day is an understatement. I decided to chase redfish in the back lakes, figuring I'd caught a ton of trout this year so I was looking for some reel screamers...

2nd cast 27" inch redfish... oh crap, I hate when that happens...I was right next to the boat so I just threw him in the chest...

Eased a little farther back in and tons of bait, then I hear a rumble way off... what the heck? Dam Airboats came blowing through my lake, guess they figured no one would be back there... great!

I load up and head to another back lake, about 3 miles East... get settled, bam 21" inch red, perfect! About 30 minutes goes by with only 1 other rat red and I hear more rumbling, I'm like this is crazy! Dang Saturday fishing... then I realize it's not boats but Black Hawks coming at me, 5 of them all about 25 feet high, they literally flew 20 feet over my head...making ripples across the water...

They literally did this for 2 hours up and down the coast of West Matty... birds, bait and fish going everywhere! They must of had some type of training, they stayed 20 to 50 feet high the whole time..

Well by then I headed out into the bay, trying to get some peace, was able to stick a keeper trout and another keeper red, but kept having drive by's by a dam bull shark, I was like oh lort I gotta get out of here...

I did see a Bald Eagle on my way back in ( no not a Cara Cara ) so that kinda made my trip a little better

Eventful trip!

Comment

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

That had to exciting to have them blackhawks come over.

We fished a 3 day tournament in Seadrift. Was the best fishing we had all year. Friday was more catching than I’ve been part of. Released more keepers than we kept. Could’ve boated an 8 man limit if drum and reds. Only problem was too many 21-23” reds to do any good in the tourney though. Good problem to have I guess. Thursday was a good day also. Did a lot of searching but found some good one. Saturday we put in no effort as we chased a few bottles around lol.

Thursday

Friday
                Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 10-06-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

We saw those helicopters too, I had no idea what it was about.

We had a really good morning. Drifted with live shrimp to start the morning and picked up a couple fish. Made my way in a cove a caught several small trout and rat reds. I caught a 21 1/4 trout ok a flamingo shad DSL. The pink is slowly becoming my favorite color.

Went to boggy for one last stop and caught a bunch of fish. Boxed a few more trout and the wife and kids had a blast catching those school trout.

Couldn’t have asked for a better day on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Barrett caught this fish all by himself. Set the hook and reeled in. He didn’t throw the baitcaster though.

Comment

Haha....he said oh lordt[emoji1]

Good trips fellas

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Justin! Great trip for sure!

Comment

^^^ good stuff Justin!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Sounds like quite the eventful trip Shane!

Comment

It was a pretty solid weekend. Full limits of trout sat am and sun am by 10 am drifting with shrimp. I had two little boys sun morning who boxed 15 trout while learning to cast a rod and reel and how to set the hook. Their dad and I kept them baited up and they did all the work. We lost and missed a good many fish too. Sun afternoon we boxed a limit drifting with plastics and then released about 15-20 more including two over 25" that I caught and released. Sun afternoon we caught them drifting with plum/chart tail bass assassins. We caught a few redfish but mainly dinks and caught some pretty nice gulf trout too.

Redfishing was good the last couple of weeks but they were real spread out. I spent the last couple of weekends chasing redfish because of the strong east wind. We caught alot of reds but it was one here, two there and you had to cover alot of ground to get all of them. Some of the redfish guys had huge days this weekend, though. One buddy of mine said they caught 50-60 reds by 11 am saturday morning. Basically this weekend it was whatever you wanted to do. The redfish guys did well and the trout guys did well. And it is just starting. The next 6-8 weeks will be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                It was a pretty solid weekend. Full limits of trout sat am and sun am by 10 am drifting with shrimp. I had two little boys sun morning who boxed 15 trout while learning to cast a rod and reel and how to set the hook. Their dad and I kept them baited up and they did all the work. We lost and missed a good many fish too. Sun afternoon we boxed a limit drifting with plastics and then released about 15-20 more including two over 25" that I caught and released. Sun afternoon we caught them drifting with plum/chart tail bass assassins. We caught a few redfish but mainly dinks and caught some pretty nice gulf trout too.

Redfishing was good the last couple of weeks but they were real spread out. I spent the last couple of weekends chasing redfish because of the strong east wind. We caught alot of reds but it was one here, two there and you had to cover alot of ground to get all of them. Some of the redfish guys had huge days this weekend, though. One buddy of mine said they caught 50-60 reds by 11 am saturday morning. Basically this weekend it was whatever you wanted to do. The redfish guys did well and the trout guys did well. And it is just starting. The next 6-8 weeks will be excellent.
                                Thanks Glenn!

Comment

Working...
                                X