Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Oh I c, not too well since they had us throwing artificial combined with the bait fisherman soaking meat at the Jetties. It wasn't a serious tournament, all for charity but it was an absolute blast!

Oh yeah I love fishing tournaments. We need to fish a couple next year.

Comment

Anyone been down to PINS recently? Headed down this weekend.
      How’s the fishing and driving conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
        Went down 9/14...driving was good even at high tide we went a little past the 40 stopping with light tackle off and on. Tons of anchovies and some schools of mullet mixed in that were getting hammered by ladyfish. Ladyfish so thick you couldn't hardly catch anything else but we did manage a few trout and one nice red all on topwaters and spoons.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I don’t mind catching lady fish they’re a blast to catch

Comment

Originally posted by menglert View Post
            Went down 9/14...driving was good even at high tide we went a little past the 40 stopping with light tackle off and on. Tons of anchovies and some schools of mullet mixed in that were getting hammered by ladyfish. Ladyfish so thick you couldn't hardly catch anything else but we did manage a few trout and one nice red all on topwaters and spoons.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
            I was there same weekend, confirm everything menglert said. You may not understand the level of ladyfish he's referring to... literally every cast for hours... gets old really quick. LOL... But if you're a shark fisherman ladyfish should be the ticket for bait right now and they're plenty, match the hatch.

Driving was great on the way in, leaving Sunday on high tide it was slow and lots of 4x4 with camps/rv's/trucks sticking out far enough so you'd have to drive through the wet stuff to go around them.

Comment

I haul a few fly rods with me when it's Menhaden run / Ladyfish every cast time. During this time of the year, they are darn near 30 plus inches long and jump every bit as good as a juvi tarpon of the same size.

Comment

27 3/4”, haven’t counted the spots yet. This one is getting mounted. Skin mount or replica?

We caught 13 slots this morning (5 people). The surf red run is almost here.

Comment

Were under a coastal flood advisory through the weekend. I wouldnt come down, water to the dunes = poor driving.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post

27 3/4”, haven’t counted the spots yet. This one is getting mounted. Skin mount or replica?

We caught 13 slots this morning (5 people). The surf red run is almost here.
                    Great looking red Barret!

Comment

agreed with the ladyfish, we caught hundreds at the Mansfield jetties last weekend. managed a few reds and a snook too!

Comment

I hate skipjacks. Dang things shred mono leaders and when they are thick I have to re-rig over and over and over again. Plus what they don't crap on they bleed on and it's dang hard to get that off your boat. I'm glad y'all like 'em and I sincerely hope every last one in the bay goes to wherever you fish so you guys can have all of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          The surf red run is almost here.
                          Probably will see a good surge in about 2 more weeks.

Nice red Barrett! I'd do a replica. Redfish skin mounts tend to turn yellow real bad as they age.

Check with Kendall Kersh, he's over in Sweeny. He does a good job on them. 979-248-1871

Comment

Has anyone ever built there own boat (DIY, not ordered)? I just ordered a couple plans and should start a small two man flats Skiff after I wrap up this bathroom remodel [emoji2361]

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              Has anyone ever built there own boat (DIY, not ordered)? I just ordered a couple plans and should start a small two man flats Skiff after I wrap up this bathroom remodel [emoji2361]

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I bought some plans with the idea of building a scooter over the winter. I’m not sure I want to try it though. Lol. You’re running a little Texas skiff correct? What’s wrong with that boat? That is a 2 man flats skiff.

Comment

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

My little girl caught her first red Sunday. I casted it out for her and she did the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X