Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I would bubba but we have award ceremonies for this fishing tournament I'm in this evening. Thank you for the invite!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Anytime bud. I sent you a PM with my number and address if you get back in the area. BTW, drinks are on me at Là Terranzà tonight if you are free?

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      Anytime bud. I sent you a PM with my number and address if you get back in the area. BTW, drinks are on me at Là Terranzà tonight if you are free?

Michael

Thank you, just got it.

Comment

Congrats Shane !!

Comment

Where’d y’all finish Shane? I’m gonna have to start posting on the freshwater fishing thread now after all that rain. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Where’d y’all finish Shane? I’m gonna have to start posting on the freshwater fishing thread now after all that rain. Lol
            Greens mainly, and twin lakes/ Cedars on the POC side. Water looks really good in West.

Comment

We braved the crappy conditions in the surf at Sargent this morning. Virtually no beach at sunup, 25 mph wind and rough rough. We ended up with 5 nice reds, 3 were pulled in by a first timer, a good friends son. This is the second one he pulled in. He was some kind of excited.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Congrats Shane !!
                Thank you David, it was a grind! I should have went sail boating

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                  We braved the crappy conditions in the surf at Sargent this morning. Virtually no beach at sunup, 25 mph wind and rough rough. We ended up with 5 nice reds, 3 were pulled in by a first timer, a good friends son. This is the second one he pulled in. He was some kind of excited.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                  I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                  Good stuff right there!!

Comment

Thank you David, it was a grind! I should have went sail boating

I took the cover off the boat, looked at the white caps and just ran the boat in a barrel (been a couple months since ran) then walked down and fished the surf. I didn’t have any luck but I don’t mind one bit! I’ll take a bad day fishing over a good day at work any day!

Michael

Comment

My Sting ray guards (the cheap blue or Green ones from Acad") also serve as snake guards just for a tip to folks on the budget wagon. I stepped on maybe hundreds of the slippery critter with no stabs growing up and darn near living in the water in Corpus. But admit and advise others, do not toy with one hanging from a fishing line. They are quick and embarraseed to say did it twice about a million years ago. Man I need some salty spray in my eyes. I am hill Country now. Wife is touristing Port A as I write. Sumpin wrong here? Nice fish. Can I fish Sargent or Matagorda without 4 wd? I know Beaches and bays from Port Isabel and up to San Antonio bay. Little know how past that northword.

Comment

Greens mainly, and twin lakes/ Cedars on the POC side. Water looks really good in West.

I meant what place y’all finish. Lol.

Comment

Any luck at Cedars?

Comment

Round two - rewrapped and ready for tuna. Calstar Grafighter 700H blank at 7ft with American Tackle Titanium Virtus guides with Nanolite rings (Sic material). Reel seat and gimbal American Tackle aluminum.

This stick has killed a lot of tuna casting top water and ready to go again this season.

I run an 2-Speed / lever drag AVET MXL Raptor spooled with Momoi Diamond braid in 50lb. Top shot is a JAK Associates wind-on leader with 50lb flourocarbon tied straight to an OWNER 5/0 circle hook. The owner 5/0 is rigged with a 5 ounce 8" Frenzy flying fish lure.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              I meant what place y’all finish. Lol.
                              Oh I c, not too well since they had us throwing artificial combined with the bait fisherman soaking meat at the Jetties. It wasn't a serious tournament, all for charity but it was an absolute blast!

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                                X