No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a new lease for this year right outside Menard. Was told the turkey numbers were good last year but i'm excited to get up there opening weekend and see if they gobble.

Comment

We had a good hatch last year and seeing a good number of jakes. Should be a fair to average season with long beard population a little short. Hope there are not so many jakes to shut the old birds down which happens fairly often.
      We had a great rain this week 2-3 inches in most of the county which should get ample of green vegetation to get the hens cycling.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
        Funny, we have them all year long EXCEPT in the spring time.
        That's a bummer because they sure are fun to chase during the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
          That's a bummer because they sure are fun to chase during the spring.
          We have had them for years. The last two springs, they have disappeared.
          Land owner did a lot of clearing and we think it affected their areas where they like to nest.

The rest of the year, it is nothing to see a hundred turkey at feeders.

Comment

Found him (from post 190 on this thread)

Long story shortened...

Been trying to bowhunt this double droptine buck all season (low fence in Mason County). Over a hundred game pics, Never saw him in person. Disappears on camera after Thanksgiving. After Christmas I get a PM from a fellow TBHer in the area about this particular buck showing up on his camera but with only three legs!! Months go by without any more game pics from either of us wondering if he’s gonna make it. Well this past weekend I was back at the lease in Mason looking for sheds and decided to go to a particular deer crossing that feeds into our pasture that has our protein feeder....And at the base of the gate, there he was laying. Crazy how this deer with 3 legs crossed several fences and a highway to get back to where he laid.

My buddy w me rough scored him around 145. His left droptine was broken off. I hated to this buck and situation ending this way, I enjoyed hunting him. Im just glad that he was found and we have closure.

And yes I took him to my taxidermist to get him mounted ; )
            Attached Files

Comment

He was nice. Great that you found him.

Comment

Wow, incredible deer. Glad you go the closure and the rack. I'd find a cape and have him mounted.

Comment

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Glad that you’ve got closure, but that sucks it wasn’t from the tip of your arrow. Beautiful deer with incredible character. I’m heading to the lease next weekend to do a little turkey calling, shed hunting, and social distancing. Looking for the sheds from my big 8 I was after all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that stinks that he died that way, but that’s awesome that you found him. Heck of a buck!

Comment

Great looking buck. Glad you found him. Would love to see a low fence droptine buck in person

Comment

Yes my taxidermist already has a cape for him and they’re also going to replace and fix the left broken off droptine

Comment

Sorry Im one of those “guys” �� I want the double drops on the mount!

Comment

heck of a deer but I think he scores more than 145.

Comment

A bummer but a great find! That deer scores much more than 145 (gross).

Comment

Looks like a nice place you have. Great buck, tough one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X