No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck of a good Menard County buck!!!! Really good mass and showing maturity! Congratulations!
    Adios,
    gary

Comment

Figured I’d post this on here in case the shooter is on TBH.

I was bowhunting at our place off 71 in between Voca and Brady this morning. About 9 AM, a pretty good 8 comes out of the woods about 60 yards from me. He had an arrow with red and white vanes sticking out of him. Looked like the shot was high and the arrow was wedged behind the scapula with very little penetration. Shot looked pretty fresh, but it appears to me that the buck will make it. We hunt on about 1700 acres and only 2 of us bow hunting so I know it wasn’t from someone on our lease. Anyways, thought I would share this in case someone in that area shot a buck recently and can’t find it. Might ease someone’s mind a little, I’ve definitely been there before. Feel free to PM me for more info if you think you might be the shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading up tonight.
        Last weekend.

Comment

Me too. Had to call an audible. My hunting buddy (my 5 year old son) and my wife came down with the flu. So it’ll be me and my 9 month old daughter hunting to try to escape the biohazard of my house. Pray for us

Comment

Last week a four year old 4 year old (eight point with a split G-3) had a yearling pushed up against my dog kennels. My two year old bluetick gyp was going bonkers but it did not bother the yearling doe.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Season over.
              Did not get what I wanted, but still had a great time.
              Still had bucks chasing doe.

Comment

Had a great season again! Killed a nice buck and few doe’s. Drank few cold ones and enjoyed spending time with my wife and the family’s on the lease. Got to hunt with my grandson, it’s very special to me.

Comment

Gunswayne........,way to go sir. That is a stud of s buck anywhere, but love to see it come from Menard County. We had a good season as well, but now we really need to shoot some does to prepare for 2020. I can’t believe buck season has already come to a close.

Comment

No Turkeys on our ranch. Were about 15 miles east of Mason. Looking for Turkey or Exotic hunt close. Castell/Llano river area would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                      No Turkeys on our ranch. Were about 15 miles east of Mason. Looking for Turkey or Exotic hunt close. Castell/Llano river area would be perfect.
                      No turkeys ever, or right now?
                      Surprising how all these turkey show up, once spring hits.

Comment

Ever

Comment

How are Turkey numbers looking guys?

Comment

Turkey are starting to show back up at our place the last few weeks. Kinda like mentioned on our place the turkeys seem to basically disappear during deer season. I was at the lease two weeks ago and saw several hens and a couple of nice toms.

Comment

They’ve been henned up for a few weeks in Gillespie Co. Hoping they’ll still be responding to calls once season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                                Turkey are starting to show back up at our place the last few weeks. Kinda like mentioned on our place the turkeys seem to basically disappear during deer season. I was at the lease two weeks ago and saw several hens and a couple of nice toms.
                                Funny, we have them all year long EXCEPT in the spring time.

Comment

Working...
                                X