• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindy that’s a great buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
      My wife killed this one yesterday evening, he is her best buck so far. Our goal this year was to get her one good enough to shoulder mount since she doesn’t have one yet. We had this deer come in chasing a doe last Saturday evening but it was too dark for her to shoot. We watched him fight another mature 8pt for 3 to 4 minutes and chase the other deer off. Well we were in the same stand this Saturday evening and he came out earlier.

[IMG] upload image[/IMG]
      Congratulations to your wife for being persistent! He looks like a good candidate to be a wallhanger to me.

Comment

Nice Buck!
        Heading up Wednesday night.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          My wife killed this one yesterday evening, he is her best buck so far. Our goal this year was to get her one good enough to shoulder mount since she doesn’t have one yet. We had this deer come in chasing a doe last Saturday evening but it was too dark for her to shoot. We watched him fight another mature 8pt for 3 to 4 minutes and chase the other deer off. Well we were in the same stand this Saturday evening and he came out earlier.

[IMG] upload image[/IMG]
          Congrats Mrs. Roebuck on a great buck!

Comment

Thanks everyone. She is excited to get a shoulder mount on the wall.

Comment

Anybody been to their place anytime this week or live out in the area? Have y’all noticed the tour activity getting heavier or is it starting to tail off?

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
                Anybody been to their place anytime this week or live out in the area? Have y’all noticed the tour activity getting heavier or is it starting to tail off?
                I was at the lease. Didn't notice much traffic in town (Menard)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone wanna do a happy hour Saturday, Nov 23 in Brady?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                    I was at the lease. Didn't notice much traffic in town (Menard)

Sorry i didnt proof read. That was supposed to say the RUT activity picking up or slowing down?

Comment

Sorry i didnt proof read. That was supposed to say the RUT activity picking up or slowing down?
                      Yes, the RUT activity was nuts! Every buck that came in was chasing, grunting, scraping etc. Even some does were making it known.

Comment

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Was still pretty slowish at our place in Melvin last weekend. Very few chasing and does still in groups with fawns. Bucks making scrapes but still MOSTLY single. Should be kicking up more this weekend (and of course, I have to work)...

Comment

I hit the rattle bag on this buck and he got as close as 40yards looking for the buck making the noise. I couldn't get a shot off or I would have some LDP of him

Comment

We set up a new spot on our lease in Fort McKavitt on opening weekend. Just an 8' mono pod in a small oak mott where a couple trails come together. No feeder, just hand corn. My 15yo son Camden was the first to make a sit this past Saturday. He had about a dozen small bucks, does and fawns filter thru before he shot a doe at 15 yards around 4pm. He watched her crash after a 30 yard run. He text me and let me know and I told him to keep on hunting. At 4:30 he had a fox pop up and he was able to mouth squeak him in and took a 30 yard shot and watched the fox drop in it's tracks. At 5:10 I get a text with several pics of a "good buck". The deer looked mature and fell within the rules of our management plan so I gave him the green light to shoot if the deer was one he wanted. He took the shot at 20 yards and felt good about the location. After shooting light was over I went to help him track. Half the arrow was broken off at the site of the shot. It was covered in blood so I felt good that he had done his part. We picked up a sparse blood trail for 40-50 yards then found the remainder of the arrow. It was at this point that my buddy Timm (2050z) showed up to help track. It wasn't much of a track after the arrow came out. He opened up and bled buckets for the next 40 yards and we found him behind a big pile of cactus. He made a slightly quartering heart shot. This young man is becoming one heck of an archer. This is his 3rd and 4th deer on the season. Now it's time to get his older brother Mason on a good buck.This buck fooled me a bit on age. I figured 5 or 6 but his teeth showed 4. He weighed 150lbs and taped out at 123 & 2/8ths.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations to Camden!

Comment

Bucks rutting pretty hard yesterday the ranch in McCulloch county.

Comment

Working...
                                X