Boating crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
    Correct there were 5 people in the bass boat, but this is the first I heard about shutting the boat down. The last I heard was he was setting there waiting on someone. It was in the evening and they was coming in and the ski boat had just launched and was heading out. A friend saw them unload the boat at Hugo's and said the one guy told the boat owner he knew a short cut but it was tricky so he should drive. Either way it was a horrible accident that has effected a lot of lives.
    Only going by what was told to me, the story comes from a surviving member of the bass boat that bailed as the ski boat went over the bass boat.

Here is how it was explained to me. Bass boat comes around corner first beating the Ski boat but when he should have kept through the corner it killed it giving the ski boat no time to avoid going over top of him. Add alcohol and slowed reaction and you have a horrible ordeal.
    Attached Files

Comment

Alcohol and machines don’t mix. I hope the survivors recover physically and mentally and learned something from it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
        Only going by what was told to me, the story comes from a surviving member of the bass boat that bailed as the ski boat went over the bass boat.

Here is how it was explained to me. Bass boat comes around corner first beating the Ski boat but when he should have kept through the corner it killed it giving the ski boat no time to avoid going over top of him. Add alcohol and slowed reaction and you have a horrible ordeal.
        Then that makes sense on what I heard also, he was stopped. He may have stopped and was waiting on someone to catch up with them. Zach has been running the marsh most of his life and guided in the area, bad decisions made buy both parties.

Comment

Then that makes sense on what I heard also, he was stopped. He may have stopped and was waiting on someone to catch up with them. Zach has been running the marsh most of his life and guided in the area, bad decisions made buy both parties.
          Yea that's sort of what I heard... only both boats were coming from the same place, bass boat stopped, ski ran slap over him... which don't fit the sketch of boats coming from opposite direction...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Yea that's sort of what I heard... only both boats were coming from the same place, bass boat stopped, ski ran slap over him... which don't fit the sketch of boats coming from opposite direction...
            I talked to a friend that said he saw the ski boat just launch before the accident so the ski boat was going out and the bass boat was coming in.

Comment

I talked to a friend that said he saw the ski boat just launch before the accident so the ski boat was going out and the bass boat was coming in.

Comment

Working...
              X