No announcement yet.

Boating crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All people from both boats had been drinking. Its just a horrible deal for all involved.

Comment

Well I would say alcohol was the major contributing factor. Prayers sent for everyone involved

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Well I would say alcohol was the major contributing factor. Prayers sent for everyone involved
        Absolutely, both drivers impaired makes for some bad decisions. I feel so bad for the family and friends of that group. Lives forever changed and even ended for the 3 the passed away. May they rest in peace.

Comment

So if everyone on both boats were intoxicated, then they need to charge somebody else or cut the charge in half since it was not all his fault.. Not fair for the one driver to take the fall for everybody's bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
            So if everyone on both boats were intoxicated, then they need to charge somebody else or cut the charge in half since it was not all his fault.. Not fair for the one driver to take the fall for everybody's bad decisions.
            That is what is really crappy about the whole ordeal. One man takes the fall for the who ordeal but how else can the outcome be? You can charge the other driver of the bass boat with BWI but that's about it.

Was told to me that it could have just as easily gone the other way with the Bass Boat hitting the Ski boat, they both were traveling at a very high rate of speed and met at the same point. Just sucks all the way around

Comment

Definitely sucks. But disagree with lightening the charges. If both drivers are at fault, and one was killed, why should the driver who lived have his charges less than what would be given to anyone else?
              If you chose to drive, you have the responsibility of the vehicle and it's passengers.
              Last edited by Ginja Ninja; 06-27-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Charges don’t really matter but I would guess that there may be more. Preliminary was done and the “at fault” driver was booked. Horrible ordeal and easily avoidable. If driver of bass boat is still living he may be charge as well with same charges before this is all over with.

Comment

From what I read, the driver of the bass boat died.

Comment

Originally posted by GigEmAgs07 View Post
                    From what I read, the driver of the bass boat died.
                    Sorry, I should have said it a different way. If the Bass boat driver had lived, you could charge him with BWI.

Comment

Also to add, it was the Bass boat drivers fault really, he killed the throttle and ski boat could not stop in time to avoid the crash.

Both are at fault though when it comes to drinking before driving the boats back to the dock.

Comment

I am surprised this doesn't happen more often than it does.
                        Big powerful wake boats driven at high speeds by drinking inexperienced folks worry me to the point of pretty much staying off the lake in the evenings.

Comment

This isn't to put any blame on the deceased, just something I found odd, 7 people on a bass boat? I don't think I've ever seen one rated for more than 5 people.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            This isn't to put any blame on the deceased, just something I found odd, 7 people on a bass boat? I don't think I've ever seen one rated for more than 5 people.
                            There were 5 on the bass boat, 7 on ski boat

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              "The wreck involved 12 people – five in the wake/ski boat and 7 in the bass fishing boat. "

From the article posted in the first post

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                                Not according to the article.

"The wreck involved 12 people – five in the wake/ski boat and 7 in the bass fishing boat."

Comment

Working...
                                X