Divorce your wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    All Im gunna say to the guys talking about vows etc is that when your wife tells you directly that she is going to cheat, then does it, its beyond my ability to suck it up and hold on. Maybe Im weak and yall are heroes, but I make no apologies.

My current wife left for over 2yrs and I held on, mostly for my son, but it hits a nerve when people act like I didnt take vows seriously when I was cheated on blatantly, purposefully, and without remorse.
    Mike, real sorry to hear such a story that you had to endure... Indeed God hates divorce, but even He gave an "out" for it. Those vows you took were also taken by your wife. It is on her NOT you! The way God would have it work is for the offending wife to repent and the husband to forgive, but you cannot forgive if she does not repent and turn from an adulterous relationship.

God will bless you for your efforts to save your marriage and your kid's wellbeing, but you gotta take the out at some point and move on.

Edit to add: This very thing is what ultimately cost my son his life! He just could not get past the bond and vows he had made to a woman who cheated on him and ultimately they divorced... There's not a day goes by that I don't think about that. You sir, remain strong and be a father to those kiddos!
    Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 06-21-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

How did y’all guys tell yalls kids about the divorce ? I have a 7 told and a 3 year old . Have not figured out how to tell them .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        How did y’all guys tell yalls kids about the divorce ? I have a 7 told and a 3 year old . Have not figured out how to tell them .
        I had my ex tell them while I sat there and listened. I told her to tell them the truth that it was her decision to break up our family. My thought was that if that's what she wanted, she had to do the dirty work and own it. She did, but promptly started telling them that I chose to leave the house. Took several years for them to learn the whole truth. But at 9-10 y/o at the time we split, they didn't need to know about their mom schlepping a coworker.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

We both told Riley that I was going to live somewhere else. It crushed her. It was the lowest I have ever felt and that drive off watching her cry liked to killed me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            We both told Riley that I was going to live somewhere else. It crushed her. It was the lowest I have ever felt and that drive off watching her cry liked to killed me.

The position I’m in I have to tell them on my own . It’s going to break my heart to tell my 7 year old . My 3 year old won’t understand it yet .

Comment

The sad part is the children don't have to suffer. My ex and I get along better today than we ever did married. Riley has an awesome stepdad as well. We all get along and do things together. Co-parenting can and does work if you are willing to let the past go and move on.
              Spot on!

I filed on my ex 14 years ago (our daughter was only 6 months old the time) as I did not want my little one raised in a miserable home. My ex is happily married to a great guy that my daughter loves, and I am about to be married to a great woman that my daughter also loves. And her mom and I get along way better than we ever did while married.

Comment

You, my friend, have made up for it, as I am sure many others have also.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  So is “Thou shall not commit adultery”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  EXACTLY!!!

I caught my first wife in affair 10 years ago. She immediately admitted to 3 more all during the 8 years we were married.
                  I got a good attorney and filed the next day and I got the 2 kids, the 20 acres, and the vehicles. The day we found out her parents told me, "you are now our son and she is no longer our daughter." She went to a shelter because her side piece at the time wanted her to put out, but not to move in.

She still pays me child support and sees our kids once every 6-8 months if that while raising a fatherless kid she had with some guy who left immediately and all while she's still living place to place and going job to job. Owes me over 10K in back support and has not seen her parents and siblings in 10 years now.

I then found a good woman who had also been cheated on. She takes her Christian faith seriously and together we have raised our 5 combined children as a Christ centered family.

You reap what you sew and my ex has been having to eat the bitter and thorn filled harvest of what she planted all those years.

God is good for taking care of my children like He has. I'm not mad at her anymore as I have tried to live out forgiveness, but I will admit that is hard. Especially the times she still does things that affect my kids negatively, but filing was the best thing I ever did. I can work through almost anything, but not adultery. That's a deal breaker and between her and God.

Comment

So my now wife also has a 401K and she makes 20g per year more than I do.
                    Do I also get half her 401k? and she gets half my 401k?

Comment

I see it more in the younger generations. Instant gratification and needs. We figured if something was broke, you always tried to fix it first. Nowadays, they just throw it away and start over.

Comment

My ex and I did the civil route and even asked her uncle to write the papers, luckily no kids were involved. It was a hard mutual decision but 5 years later it was the best for the both of us. She can live her social media travel dreams and I now have a wife that understands I have to work to pay bills, not showboat our life on social media. It was one of the hardest darkest times of my life but I'd do it all over again for what I have now...

Comment

LOL.... it’s pretty easy to see the different replies here between the guys who caught their wives cheating and the guys who got caught cheating by their wives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't. If I'm going to have to put up with being married then so is she! ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                              I sent two packing , third was the keeper !!
                              You and me both brother. It took 3 times but I got a real keeper !

Comment

I sat down with my youngest son 6 years old at the time. I was thinking it was not going to be that big a deal but it ended up being the toughest thing telling him me and his mom had failed him. After I was done helping his mother pack he said it was time for me to pack. I said son I’m not going with y’all. He got a tear in his eyes and I lost it. Very painful for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X