Divorce your wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
    Respectfully disagree when one (male or female) cheats. I don't cheat, beat, neglect or otherwise mistreat my wife (s). I'm not perfect as I've stated. No one deserves to be cheated on.

And while you brought up the child rearing. I agree it isn't an easy task. But, did I also deserve to be disrespected by her cheating within 2 months of her graduation by paying for her college degree that I never received any compensation for after said divorce (in the courts, the money that is spent is spent. Cant get it back)? Honest question, not trying to be a smartypants.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Well there's your first mistake. Mine gets beaten quarterly.

Comment

All I can say is after reading this whole thread, I want to take the day off, go hug my kid, and crawl back in bed with my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        All I can say is after reading this whole thread, I want to take the day off, go hug my kid, and crawl back in bed with my wife.
        Perfect day for it!

Comment

I didn't file - but I'm glad she did. I miss my kids like crazy when I don't have them, but I know they are in good hands with her and her new husband. He's a good person who I get along with pretty dang good.

I don't think I will ever be married again. It has come up once in the relationship I am in now, and after looking at different things and talking a bit, we are both in a place where we feel great about each other. We live together, we love each other's Families. They love us.

It's difficult for some to understand out of how they were raised or taught/learned. What others think bothers me less and less every day. I will treat people as I would want to be treated. I will do what I believe to be right and help those that I can, when I can.

Everybody is different. It is the same for parenting and anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            Funny stuff here !!! Love how those that haven't been through it are the experts
            X's 1000

Comment

Well lets see,

My wife got pregnant with a carpenter who was doing remodeling work on our home. That was 34 years ago. I tried to stay with her and raise the child for the benefit of the other 3 children we had together. Did everything I knew and was capable of doing. Short answer to difficult situation...didnt work so I filed for divorce. Was a hard decision with a bumpy ride that became the best decision I ever made. No regrets.

Today, my ex will readily admit she was in a troubled spot in her on mind at the time and behaved poorly. That it wasn't me but insecurity on her part.Now we are both happily married to people we love and all get along appropriately .

I still helped raise the child [ he's 30 ] she had from that affair as I committed and knowing irrespective he is the brother to my other children. There is peace in the neighborhood.

I don't care what others think or what anyones judgement is and know without question everything worked out as it should have.

Comment

i was fortunate enough to recognize a bad situation before we said i do. 3 months from the date i had a conversation with my brother about how i was feeling. everyone finally gave me the truth of what they thought of my ex.

dodged a bullet.

Comment

Other then a cheating spouse what has caused or gives you cause for a divorce?

Comment

My heart breaks for you guys who have to take one on the chin like this. Several of my childhood friend's parents got divorced for whatever reason they saw fit and it tore their kid's apart emotionally.

God made it clear that the only legitimate reason for divorce is death or adultery.
                    I read all the responses and see some of the frustration coming from those who were cheated on. You don't have to validate anything to us. We are just a bunch of strangers on the internet. In the eyes of God, your divorce is permissible. That does not make it any less painful but you should not be ashamed because you did not do the act. She did. Nobody is perfect in any relationship, but marriage takes work if it will succeed. I'm not saying you did not work at it either. Just a generalization.

Met my now wife a few weeks after a toxic relationship breakup. Dated for over a year and we have been married now 7 years with a 4 year old son.

My only advice would be to take the time to really get to know that person before tying the knot. Lots of younger kids get hitched way too soon and it ends badly, especially of kids are involved.
                    Last edited by bloodstick; 06-24-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Cheaper to keepher.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                        Cheaper to keepher.
                        Can't put a price on happiness.
                        You can make more money.

Comment

Amen

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Can't put a price on happiness.
                          You can make more money.
                          Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                            Is there a way you can assure she wont get half of your 401k? We dont have kids so the most important thing is assuring she doesn't get half my retirement?
                            Unless the contributions were made before you got married half of what's in there is hers... or whatever she agrees to.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                              Interesting you say this because I saw an article today that said divorce rates are at a 40 year low, except in people 55 and over. Seems like everyone in my parents’ generation got divorced. I’ve been with my wife since I was 15 and married for 15 this summer. All the guys I work with are about my age and all on our first marriage.

I sometimes wonder if divorce doesn’t skip generations. My parents got divorced 35ish years ago and it still affects my life to this day. For that reason, I think I’m slower to run for the door because I know what it’s like for the kids.

Just a thought.
                              One thing is the average age people are getting married has also risen over the years. More and more people are waiting until their 30's to get married as compared to early 20's. The reasoning for this varies greatly, but waiting a few years allows for people to settle into careers, be more attuned to finances, age out of the bar/party scene, get the world traveler out of their system, perhaps have a longer relationship with one or more people prior to marriage, amongst many others. Heck, just about every person I know that got married under 25 ended up divorced; while the over 30 crowd was just the opposite.

Perhaps it's just coincidence.

Comment

Sounds like some of you ole boys need to bite your old ladies ear. It’s a show of dominance. Works well on dogs and unruly wives.

Comment

Working...
                                X