Cheapest method to keep two acres cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
    Sell it. Two acres is pretty useless for anything and really useless for someone that lives two hundred miles away.

OP said this is two out of a contiguous 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
      You must be running some big equipment. I’ve got 10 acres and a 7’ shredder. If it’s 3’ tall, can take me 7 hours.
      I have a 5093 that I use, so nothing big. I do mow with a 15’ though, anything smaller would take me forever to do what I have to do.

I do not enjoy tractor work, so I try to get stuff done as expediently as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        I run a 25hp compact and a 5' shredder, it takes me all day to do 10 acres but my jobs are primarily 1 to 5 acres. Usually around homesteads with trees, buildings etc... these are the jobs the big guys can't take on but you can't do them with a zero turn, it would destroy a lawn mower in a day. Many are 6-8' high, there always seems to be wire. steel posts, chunks of concrete, big rocks, logs, stumps, deep ruts etc on every job. Lots of trees can double your time, you need to stop and blow out your radiator and grill a couple times a day also. You need a new air filter often as well. My shredder is 60 days old and is so banged up and dented from hitting stuff that is hidden in the grass it looks like a 10 year old piece of equipment. It seems like easy money and in a way it is(compared to swinging a sickle) but it requires more than meets the eye.
        This is exactly what I have but no rocks
        Just stumps and about a hundred trees you have to drive around

Comment

I enjoyed the heck out of this thread. ‘‘Twas extremely amusing

Comment

Working...
          X