No announcement yet.

Everything Sushi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Dale said. I like it. It's good. Nowhere near as good as brisket and ribs. Not even close. Or Tex Mex.....or crawfish.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went and got me a California roll,spicy crab roll,spicy tuna roll,shrimp tempura roll and some lobster rangoons earlier. Three hours later and I'm starvin like a Marvin. That's the worst trouble with me and sushi. I love it but it don't stick with me. I about need a steak or somethin to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        River Rat have you been to Takara or Soto?
        I've been to Takara but usually go to Sushi Fever.

I'm looking for a place that has a party platter to try next. Ideas?

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        The "go rounds" are popular in northern California. San Jose has a big one but we prefer the personal service. Any place that smells fishy we dont support.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Found a "go round" in Austin. Hope to go try it soon!

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        I went and got me a California roll,spicy crab roll,spicy tuna roll,shrimp tempura roll and some lobster rangoons earlier. Three hours later and I'm starvin like a Marvin. That's the worst trouble with me and sushi. I love it but it don't stick with me. I about need a steak or somethin to go along with it.
        This is one reason I like sushi. Makes me feel like I'm eating good. I don't feel bad after I eat it like I do when eating a big burger or fried anything.

I guess the question now is.... Who has seriously tried sushi a couple of times and NOT liked it? And trying it at the local cheap chinese buffet doesn't count LOL

Comment

This is my favorite. Most places call it a Tuna tower or ahi tower
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Hamachi, Tai, Maguro sashimi were my go to in Japan...they were the cheapest. I found out there is a proper etiquette form for eating sashimi when at a business meal...late night watching Japanese AFN...thumb on one long side, middle finger on other long side, index on short side...dip bottom long side in sauce...tilt head to certain degree angle...whole thing goes down the hatch.

We tried horse sashimi at a sushi go round...it wasnt bad. I wish sushi go rounds were here in the states. For those who dont know...Sushi go rounds are like McDonalds of sushi. Basic format of food preparers in a corral/bar in the center of a small building, conveyor belt around the preparers bar, seats all around the bar...the preparers prepare sushi or sashimi or special orders and place on various colored plates onto the conveyor. First come first serve. The colored plates denote the pricing for the prepared food. Keep your plates stacked and pay based on how many of each color plate.

I wasnt a taker at first but fish in Japan doesnt taste fishy. I have yet to eat sushi/sashimi in Los Estados Unidos in a restaurant that wasnt powerfully fishy.
            I've always heard them called sushi trains. Ive been to 3 different ones in Houston and sure there's plenty more in the area with the same set up, plate color sets the price. Have a buddy that's into sushi that took me. Pretty cool places, and yes sushi is good for those who haven't tried it. I grew up in a house with parents that would have never thought about eating it.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
              This is my favorite. Most places call it a Tuna tower or ahi tower
              Yessir………...most delicious!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Hamachi, Tai, Maguro sashimi were my go to in Japan...they were the cheapest. I found out there is a proper etiquette form for eating sashimi when at a business meal...late night watching Japanese AFN...thumb on one long side, middle finger on other long side, index on short side...dip bottom long side in sauce...tilt head to certain degree angle...whole thing goes down the hatch.

We tried horse sashimi at a sushi go round...it wasnt bad. I wish sushi go rounds were here in the states. For those who dont know...Sushi go rounds are like McDonalds of sushi. Basic format of food preparers in a corral/bar in the center of a small building, conveyor belt around the preparers bar, seats all around the bar...the preparers prepare sushi or sashimi or special orders and place on various colored plates onto the conveyor. First come first serve. The colored plates denote the pricing for the prepared food. Keep your plates stacked and pay based on how many of each color plate.

I wasnt a taker at first but fish in Japan doesnt taste fishy. I have yet to eat sushi/sashimi in Los Estados Unidos in a restaurant that wasnt powerfully fishy.
                i like sushi but I ain't eating no raw horse unless I am starving and no other options

I am like Moser, I hate cucumber YUCK!

Comment

I love sushi - all kinds.

My favorite and go to roll for ANY sushi place is always a Philadelphia roll. If they can’t do that well I don’t return.

FYI - Philadelphia roll is smoked salmon/cream cheese/avocado

Dipped in a little soy sauce and wasabi mixture is one of my absolute favorite things to eat on the planet.

Just try stuff and you’ll learn what ya like and what is for the birds

Comment

Go to Uchi or Uchico (or even Tomo in CP which is underrated) in Austin, tell them chefs choice and try a bite of everything they bring. Truly phenomenal. Better bring the c-notes though. I’ve never been happier to pay.

Comment

I love sushi, nigiri, sashimi, as well as all the other raw meats out there that aren’t Japanese.

I do not like California rolls period, even lots of soy and wasabi can’t make it taste good. I’ve learned I do not like rolls with seaweed or if it has it it must be on the inside covered with rice. The more types of meat and caviar (can’t remember Japanese name) and hotter the sauce the better it is IMO.

HEB sushi is actually pretty good, comparable to a regular sushi restaurant.

Comment

Madai sushi and kinmedai sushi are my favorite. Not really into rolls anymore.

Comment

Ask for the omekase at any high end sushi joint, and you will most likely get the best of what the place has to offer. Chef's choice. be sure and buy the chef a beer or some sake. That goes a long way!

Comment

If you are ever in Vegas, hit up Kaya Sushi. It's a couple blocks west off the north end of the strip. AYCE for $26 per person. Really good. We went Thursday while we were there. Had we paid menu price for everything we ate it would have been well north of $100.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                              Ask for the omekase at any high end sushi joint, and you will most likely get the best of what the place has to offer. Chef's choice. be sure and buy the chef a beer or some sake. That goes a long way!

We did Omekase at Sushi Den in Denver last week. Ended up spending over $400 for 2 people. It was good, but it wasn’t THAT good. This was supposed to be the more casual of the two sister restaurants (we did Omekase at Izakaya Den next door before and ended up with a $330 tab), don’t think we will be doing that again in the near future. Wife checked the bill and said we ended up eating 19 pieces of fish each.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomboom View Post
                                We had this last nice, mmm.

56 pcs for $61 during happy hour!

https://www.sushihanasan.com/menu/happy-hour/
                                Nice! I'm going to be hitting this up for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X