Dog breed recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    He said guard dog. Lab, poodle and boxer are out.

The two best mentioned that can do everything he wants are the GSD and Doberman.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow
    You don’t know much about dog breeds do you

Comment

We put him down in March due to spleen cancer but I wouldve paid you $100 to try and get to one of my kids with Chance in the room. He knew what his job was and did it without fail.

Here is the big hairy thing trying to fill his shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What ever breed you chose use that K9 for what it was bread to do. It will make for a much happier dog and household.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
          sorry but mine have not,,, neither have the boxadors i have had.....
          Guaranteed I can bring a bury drop machine in your yard and bury your cable drop with your dog in the yard. Lol.

Comment

That is a beautiful white boxer.
            Trying to stay away from one this round. Boxers and Golden retrievers are known to have the cancer gene.

Here is mine I just lost and looking to replace the whole in our heart.
            Attached Files

Comment

Everybody gets so bent out of shape on here about the silliest things these days.

No one is disrespecting your pooch by saying that most dogs can be backed down. It's justca fact of life.

Even in the top guard dog breeds only a small percentage are hard and can be trained in personal protection. If you follow and study these things you would know that. When the moment comes most dogs will choose flight over fight regardless of breed.

Give it a quick google. There are many tests and videos out there. People swear up and down that their dog will maul someone that tries to harm them. They stage a fake break in and the dog bails out. Lol. It's pretty funny. Ultimately YOU are the protector of your family.....and your dog.

Comment

Guaranteed I can bring a bury drop machine in your yard and bury your cable drop with your dog in the yard. Lol.

you would loose, nothing like a smart aleck that thinks he knows it all.. when he doesn't....

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  you would loose, nothing like a smart aleck that thinks he knows it all.. when he doesn't....
                  Lol. So when a topic is discussed that you have dealt with for 30 years and you give your input from experience you become a smart alec know it all.

How many times has an intruder actually tried to get in your yard only to be attacked by your dog? I'm betting zero.

I'm sorry if it offends you but being in the utility industry I have ran many dogs up on the porch.

You're the people on the videos.

Comment

Chessy.

Comment

So... this thread is about ME and looking for suggestions.
                      Not who's dog is better than who's dog.

Please keep my thread on topic, with suggestions not arguments.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Belgian Malinois. Greatest, most versatile breed on earth.
                        Plus nuts, I would say a big no for what he is wanting. Their drive is insane.

Comment

There’s a reason so many people have labs... one of the greatest dog breeds there is.

Comment

Negative. 90% of dogs will back down when challenged by a large, loud male. Done it and seen it done a ton of times in my profession.

90% is a pretty high number. I gotta old beagle that whooped a blue heeler that came in the yard and growled at my beagle. He wasn’t but 6 months old when it happened. Had a couple hounds that wouldn’t start nothing but they for sure weren’t gonna back down. I had a walker dog one time in the pen next to my female gsp and he was meaner than hell. At feeding time he would gobble his food down and the ram the divider of the pen trying to get to the female. He succeeded one night. And I’ll tell you right now He didn’t back down. But that female straight put him on the ground and had him by the throat and shaking him. That male dog lets just say found a new home...but I’ve had a lot of dogs. A lot of dogs will back down but it ain’t no where near 90% of them

Comment

I will never be without a jack russell terrier as long as I can care for a dog! Zeke is the best dog I have ever owned!!!!

And he like finding critters too!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                There’s a reason so many people have labs... one of the greatest dog breeds there is.
                                I am beginning to agree.
                                I hear they can be aggressive chewers around the house. Anyway to curve that other than leaving it out in the backyard or in the kennel when not at home?

Comment

Working...
                                X