No announcement yet.

I'm knot crazy....Fly Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tied uni to uni for a very long time on all sorts of fly leaders. It's easy, fast and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      I have tied uni to uni for a very long time on all sorts of fly leaders. It's easy, fast and effective.
      Me too.

Comment

I've never had a uni knot come undone.

Comment

The easiest and best leader knot I have found is the Lefty Kreh knot.

So simple and strong and you can tie in about 10 seconds....and its low profile to slip through guides.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Will have to try that Lefty knot.

I used the blood knot for years but have started using the double uni on just about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              The easiest and best leader knot I have found is the Lefty Kreh knot.

So simple and strong and you can tie in about 10 seconds....and its low profile to slip through guides.

Lefty Kreh Leader Knot.MOV - YouTube" style="display:none;">
              IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
              Lefty Kreh Leader Knot.MOV - YouTube')">Lefty Kreh Leader Knot.MOV - YouTube')"> I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
              Lefty Kreh Leader Knot.MOV - YouTube">Lefty Kreh Leader Knot.MOV - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
              Man that’s pretty stupid simple

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Man that’s pretty stupid simple
                Dang right. Glad this thread popped back up.

Comment

I've always tied these:
                  Arbor knot to attach the backing to the reel
                  Albright knot to connect the backing to fly line
                  Nail knot to attach the butt section to fly line.
                  Double surgeons knots to make the leader down to the tippet.
                  Palomar knot to attach the fly to the tippet.

Comment

If your building leaders your going traditional. If your going traditional, blood knot.

Comment

Have never seen the Lefty knot before, will try it out. Thanks!

Comment

I don't know what it is called but the easiest knot for my hands and eyes is I start out like the lefty kreh knot with a loop them pull the tag end and the end of smaller leader through the loop twice. Then wet and pull tight. Very easy and holds great. I tie 20lbs to 10 to 6 to 4. Fresh water fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                          I don't know what it is called but the easiest knot for my hands and eyes is I start out like the lefty kreh knot with a loop them pull the tag end and the end of smaller leader through the loop twice. Then wet and pull tight. Very easy and holds great. I tie 20lbs to 10 to 6 to 4. Fresh water fishing.
                          Surgeon's knot. Another quick and easy knot. I like it too.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I use the Crazy Alberto to join two similar lines and mono to braid. I have the same old eyes issue you have, and can tie it without my cheaters... I do have readers in my Costas tho..

Crazy Alberto Knot Video | Strongest Braid to Fluoro Knot Contest - YouTube
                            I like the Alberto if I’m able to tie up on shore. But in a rocking boat it is too much trouble for me and I resort to the triple surgeons knot.

Comment

Working...
                            X