Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    I tried 5 and 7.
    What material is the 30? I typically use #30 Hard mason (or something similar with a .025-.030) diameter for my butts on redfish rigging. I typically will only do 3-4 turns on the heavier side and 4-5 on the lighter. I've never used more than 5 turns on a bloodknot.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      What material is the 30? I typically use #30 Hard mason (or something similar with a .025-.030) diameter for my butts on redfish rigging. I typically will only do 3-4 turns on the heavier side and 4-5 on the lighter. I've never used more than 5 turns on a bloodknot.
      Not sure on the type. It is .025 though.

Found the video. Nice!! Gonna try it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=q-QGPzEKZKo

Comment

During warmer months when i'll likely be fishing around more grass and using lighter flies, I simplify my leader and will just do a butt section tied directly too whatever i'd use for tippit. Knots catch grass so the fewer the better and lighter flies don't need as much help to turn over.

Comment

During warmer months when i'll likely be fishing around more grass and using lighter flies, I simplify my leader and will just do a butt section tied directly too whatever i'd use for tippit. Knots catch grass so the fewer the better and lighter flies don't need as much help to turn over.
          Thanks for the tips..

As far as leader sections; I am using 4 ft of 30, 2 ft 0f 20 and 2 ft of 15.
          Does that sound about right?

Comment

Thanks for the tips..

As far as leader sections; I am using 4 ft of 30, 2 ft 0f 20 and 2 ft of 15.
            Does that sound about right?
            Sounds like it should work fine. I typically use the 50/30/20 recipe and usually try to finish my leaders between 9-10 feet.

Comment

Sounds like it should work fine. I typically use the 50/30/20 recipe and usually try to finish my leaders between 9-10 feet.
              Thanks buddy. I don't get to the salt often and mostly fishing the surf.

Comment

Thanks buddy. I don't get to the salt often and mostly fishing the surf.
                Anytime. Love that surf fishing.

Comment

Good info

Comment

I'm knot crazy....Fly Leaders

I just put together som 10, 5, 3.5 for my five weight. That 3.5 pound line is tough on my bad eyes. It’s an exercise in patience.

Comment

I just put together som 10, 5, 3.5 for my five weight. That 3.5 pound line is tough on my bad eyes. It’s an exercise in patience.
                      I feel your pain on light line. It was a giant pain tying up 2# in leaders back in the day for World records and Trilene paying $1,000 for a record.

I used Unis, Albrights, depending on the situation and type and size of leader class and shock tippet.

Good luck with your leaders and fishing.

Comment

I use to make my tippets, but just buy the tapered ones now

Comment

Tagged

Comment

FG knot? I use it for braid to mono. Haven’t tried it for mono to mono. It’s extremely strong and very low profile

The FG Knot is a MUST KNOW for fishermen who use braid. This post & Free PDF download shows the fastest & easiest way to tie the FG knot.

Comment

I use the surgeons.

Comment

If you want a quick and easy tip for tying blood knots, google the toothpick method.
                                Pretty neat

Comment

Working...
                                X