Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Polaris Ranger vs Can Am Defender vs Mule Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that Can Am convert to a two seater with a bigger bed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can Ams are bad to the bone!!!

Comment

I have a Ranger. My next one will be the Can Am.

Comment

I guess the new rangers are louder. My 2009 700 ranger creeps as good as a gas golf cart. My machine has 2600 trouble free miles on it. I've replaced one battery, one belt (just cause) and the bushings in the A arms.

I want a new one but this one ain't let me down from here to 10,000 feet. With all the new stuff out I'd prolly go for who gave me the best deal and warranty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Can Am convert here. Defender HD10 XT from a Polaris 900 XP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I guess the new rangers are louder. My 2009 700 ranger creeps as good as a gas golf cart. My machine has 2600 trouble free miles on it. I've replaced one battery, one belt (just cause) and the bushings in the A arms.

I want a new one but this one ain't let me down from here to 10,000 feet. With all the new stuff out I'd prolly go for who gave me the best deal and warranty

I have an 09 too. Have replaced throttle body, belt, & at least 4 fuel pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                I have an 09 too. Have replaced throttle body, belt, & at least 4 fuel pumps.
                Just had this discussion with my dad. Imo it's the amount of rangers out there. Every brand machine is gonna have issues.

Mine has been good, a buddy also has a 09. Its still got the same belt it came with. Another friends family has 3 rangers. No problems. Dads 06 got bushings and now needs front CV boots. Hell dad literally drove his through the wall of his house and into the master closet. Still kicking

Comment

Give the guys over at 3P's offroad a call and ask them what they recommend. They service all 3 and can tell you first hand what they think.

Comment

Owned two ranger crews. Have used a mule
                    Pro fxt the last two years. I like it but will look at the can am when it’s time for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Just had this discussion with my dad. Imo it's the amount of rangers out there. Every brand machine is gonna have issues.
                      Agreed, but I have had more trouble with mine than any other model I have owned. I highly doubt I will ever own another Polaris product.

Comment

Can am and I have owned 2 rangers. My nephew sells both and suggested I try a Can am crew. Best rig I have owned!

Comment

Every can am product I’ve ever seen, was better than Polaris in just about every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought our first two Can Ams in 2014. Last year we replaced them with two more Can Ams, but 4 seaters. Just sold the last of the two seaters today. The only Ranger left in the family is getting replaced with another Can Am sometime this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Does that Can Am convert to a two seater with a bigger bed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Heck no. It's got a big enough bed and full size back seat. No need to. But now that you bring it up. All that swiss army knife, transformer folding up crap rattles like crazy too. And the stock tires will get stuck as easy as my f250 on Street tires.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The CanAm doesn’t have nearly as big a bed as an FXT in the 2 Seat configuration but as I said previously..... the FXT won’t carry that bed full of corn very well anyway......I guess there are other things that aren’t that heavy.

I put the bed extender on my CanAm to give me some additional bed space. I use my SxS to fill feeders and I feel I can stack 14-15 bags in the CanAm and it will carry it well. I actually lowered the shocks to the 2nd softest setting and it still feels plenty stout. It does have a 3” lift on it (CanAm.)

Check out the ground clearance.

Comment

Working...
                                X