My Child Support ends today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    Did you agree to that amount? That’s beyond the one child maximum for the state of Texas. Unless something changed.
    I did not and it's not more than Maximum. Your income level is what supports. MOST judges will cut off at $1,750 amount. My ex took my back to court after 3 years. She got ~$100k a year between spousal support and child support for 2 kids. Daughter graduated, spousal support dropped off so lots of tears and pity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      70% of divorces come from from the woman filing for them. Think about that.

For my own sanity years ago I gave up on keeping track of how much money I had to spend on my kids that should have been covered by my monthly remodeling & vacation installment payments. I think most others do the same for our kids not the ex. And the more you do for your kids the less the support money makes it to them. It is a great system the state has set up for us.

A good bud of mine has kids in college that he gladly helps pay for, his last son just graduated from high school last weekend. His last support payment ends in less than a month. I have never seen him as happy as he is right now. That party will be one I am sure I won't miss out on.

Congrats to y'all that are charging towards the finish line. I am stuck in the starting gate for 5 more years.

My CS ended about 8 yrs ago. It was through the State of Oregon, as bad as ya'll are saying Texas AG is, in Oregon, your support continues until they finish school (which includes college). No matter how long they stay in college (Bachelors, Master or Doctorate). Thankfully, my daughter didn't go for a Masters or Doctorate, so my support ended a bit after she turned 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        Take my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Correct.

That pic is killing me on Tapatalk. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

All men should start a protest. It's the womans body = womans right blah blah.. Then it can be the womans responsibility also.

Funny how the man gets booted out of everything except when they want money. Both are equal until they want money etc.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            I guarantee I've got a future of "well, call your dad he doesn't pay child support anymore, make him pay for it"
            I heard a lot of that when mine stopped. I just tell them I bought a new house, boat, and travel trailer I don’t have any money.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              I guarantee I've got a future of "well, call your dad he doesn't pay child support anymore, make him pay for it"
              My Ex already started with that. I told my son if he needs me all he needs to do is call me however, I'm not his free ride like his mother thinks.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                All men should start a protest. It's the womans body = womans right blah blah.. Then it can be the womans responsibility also.

Funny how the man gets booted out of everything except when they want money. Both are equal until they want money etc.
                Just because you have a good point doesn't mean you wont get crucified for it.[emoji15]
                I can tell you that equal doesn't mean the same thing in the courts, in a job or in the family.
                It will never be equal or fair.

Gary

Comment

Cheaper to keep her.
                  Or .....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                    Cheaper to keep her.
                    Or .....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
                    50k cash. PM for the drop point.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                      50k cash. PM for the drop point.
                      I forgot TBH is half price 25k

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I agree ! If it’s a “woman’s body” to abort and “woman’s choice” , why do dudes gotta pay [emoji383] for 18 years ? If the woman needs money to support the kid ( we know it’s to for her luxurious lifestyle in many cases) then custody should go to the bread winner who can support and provide for the kid and the woman has the weekend thing.

Men just don’t organize but this should have been up in the courts.

Comment

Brb vasectomy

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                            Extremely dangerous financially to do this! Hope it ends well for you. Don't ever **** her off or your done.
                            Our CS payment arrangement is in our divorce decree, and the judge signed off for it. But I'm not sure how that will hold up in my favor against the AG should she try to pull a stunt at the end.

This thread did get me thinking and I spoke with my ex last night. She agreed that she will give me a written, notarized letter that my CS is current (and call the AG if necessary) asap. At least I will be covered for the last 14 years... hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Our CS payment arrangement is in our divorce decree, and the judge signed off for it. But I'm not sure how that will hold up in my favor against the AG should she try to pull a stunt at the end.

This thread did get me thinking and I spoke with my ex last night. She agreed that she will give me a written, notarized letter that my CS is current (and call the AG if necessary) asap. At least I will be covered for the last 14 years... hopefully.
                              Good deal didn’t mean to get off in your business I’ve just heard of and had friends that did it like your doing and it turned terribly wrong for them. I had one guy I worked with that paid his wife for 5 or 6 years and he ****** her off and she got a lawyer and he owed all the back support like he had never paid a cent. He even had detained records. Or AG office if the most mismanaged branch of local government followed by CPS in my opinion. I have custody of my youngest son and his mom has not paid a single cent in over two years. I can’t even get them to send her a letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

I would not have her call the AG office, if they find out it’s being paid outside of them they will probably try and get it brought in to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X