Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    It doesn't, we did ourselves for $80
    I took a copy of the divorce decree, his birth certificate and his diploma from high school to the HR department. They contacted the AG to verify all was correct. First check she didn't get she was burning my phone up. I said if he needs something I will take care of it with him.

Comment

Which is why its all so confusing. My HR wanted the order to stop witholding signed by judge and certified. Some, if administered by child support office, have an automatic stop but mine doesnt. All confusing so I got them exactly what they wanted.

Comment

Which is why its all so confusing. My HR wanted the order to stop witholding signed by judge and certified. Some, if administered by child support office, have an automatic stop but mine doesnt. All confusing so I got them exactly what they wanted.
        It is confusing. I am lucky, havent had an employee that didnt have it ordered through AG. We get a notice from State to start taking it so we take it. Dont stop till we get an order from the State to stop. Not sure what I would do if I had one not through AG.....I dont have an HR dept....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          With me when child-support ended the bills went through the roof. Car, gas, insurance, clothes, school, etc.
          Reality of a good father that the responsibility of having a child doesn’t end with child support. I commend you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            You got lucky. Every guy that ever walked into the AGs office in my area is a dead beat Dad. The cant wait to make you pay.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
            Sadly this is the way it is handled most of the time but assuming if you are there in person you are guilty already I guess?

I am one of the fathers that benefited from a dead beat sperm donor and was able to adopt my oldest daughter at an early age. That process sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Just remember, y’all loved her at one time or another
              70% of divorces come from from the woman filing for them. Think about that.

For my own sanity years ago I gave up on keeping track of how much money I had to spend on my kids that should have been covered by my monthly remodeling & vacation installment payments. I think most others do the same for our kids not the ex. And the more you do for your kids the less the support money makes it to them. It is a great system the state has set up for us.

A good bud of mine has kids in college that he gladly helps pay for, his last son just graduated from high school last weekend. His last support payment ends in less than a month. I have never seen him as happy as he is right now. That party will be one I am sure I won't miss out on.

Congrats to y'all that are charging towards the finish line. I am stuck in the starting gate for 5 more years.

Comment

I do not envy anyone who has to pay child support for any reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                  Just remember, y’all loved her at one time or another
                  Yeah...well that was before she told me she was going to spend the night with another guy, then did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I do not envy anyone who has to pay child support for any reason.

Agreed with this statement. I had seen several guys over the years get their cs rated with the overtime they had worked over the years. Overtime isn’t guaranteed income and should be figured on their base salary. I don’t see how some even live on what they have to pay.

Comment

Congrats to you. Do you want that boat with three propellers?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        Take my money!

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                        So excited for you! I have 2 more years and I will get a $36k a year raise! Yes...That is for 1 kid. Williamson county Texas men have no rights.
                        Did you agree to that amount? That’s beyond the one child maximum for the state of Texas. Unless something changed.

Comment

Interest is 6% compounded on arrears. My wife's ex is way behind, both kids are over 18 but he's still paying, we've even gotten his tax rebates automatically
                          If you and your wife are living a good life together why don't you have her stop the support payments and cut the guy loose?

Comment

If you have to cover insurance for the kid it can get pretty high. That plus 20% of your gross and I can see 36k. I knew a guy that got hosed for 18 additional years because he paid with a check outside the court. Kid turned 18, he quit paying, and she filed on him. The court said his records didn't count because she contested.He reached a settlement with her but still.

Comment

A great feeling when you no longer have to pay the ransom money each month. My ex screwed herself by signing for my boy to get married when he was just 17. Went to court an got ransom stopped. Seems in Texas that by her signing for him to get married is called being emancipated and declared an adult. Saved me a years worth of ransom but I still continued helping him out with direct funding when needed. Was so glad to have her out of the loop.
                              Read the fine print in your divorce papers. It should state that payments end when the child is 18 years old or emancipated whichever comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                                I took a copy of the divorce decree, his birth certificate and his diploma from high school to the HR department. They contacted the AG to verify all was correct. First check she didn't get she was burning my phone up. I said if he needs something I will take care of it with him.
                                Lol. What did she say? Has she changed her lifestyle?

I bet that was one of the best phone calls you ever had.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X