No announcement yet.

My Child Support ends today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I’m lucky, we were both 21 when we split and my son was 4 months old. I was making $11 a hour so my child support was like $240 a month. We always kept a good relationship and I could get my son anytime I wanted. In 18 years she never took my to court to up my child support even though she knew I was making a lot more money. After the child support ended I told her that I would pay for his college, sophomore at Texas State.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      Dang, is there anyone on here who ain't been divorced?

Me
      Never married , legally,,,, so never divorced. Had a $40K messy break up from my live in in 1995 and swore I’d never subject myself to that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
        I did not and it's not more than Maximum. Your income level is what supports. MOST judges will cut off at $1,750 amount. My ex took my back to court after 3 years. She got ~$100k a year between spousal support and child support for 2 kids. Daughter graduated, spousal support dropped off so lots of tears and pity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        How long did you have spousal support? How does that work with child support? For example if you pay 20% cs do you also pay 20% spousal support?
        Last edited by BigL; 06-02-2019, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Thankful my ex husband and I are very cordial about our sons needs. Agreed to joint custody and waived all child support. Thomas is the light of our lives. We just split the bill when stuff needs bought. School clothes, shoes, football expenses...
          He did agree to continue to pay for medical coverage if I agreed to keep him in the local ISD. Only thing stated in our divorce decree.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
            How long did you have spousal support? How does that work with child support? For example if you pay 20% cs do you also pay 20% spousal support?
            I paid spousal support for 3 years, along with child support, insurance, and half of activities. I honestly don't remember how the spousal support was figured from a cost perspective. I know if you have been married for greater than 10 years, and your spouse has not worked then support is a heavy consideration. In WILCO luck of the draw comes down to judges. I pulled the short straw and got one that is notoriously difficult. Send me a PM and happy to grab lunch, coffee etc. I'm no lawyer but in last 7 years I have paid ~$70k to lawyers so I can share my experiences both good and bad.
            Last edited by PROD49; 06-03-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

No child support but I keep going to this thread to look at that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                After 18 years my ex will have to find a way to pay for her own horse feed and beer. I never had a problem one supporting my son, but the days of undermining and relationship sabotage are over. (well, probably not over just not funded be me) For all you younger guys out there just staring out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now to go shopping for that boat.
                Congrats! Mine ends July 18! The special person I had the child with though has figured out how to hit me for $2,800 on top of child support in the last two months I have to pay though. I can hardly wait to be lose of that she-devil and she'll be getting blocked the day I'm done with child support.

Comment

I still got 5.5 yrs. At $1800 a month its gonna be a big raise for me.

Comment

Not child support related but deals with the divorce topic.

During my second round of divorce mediation I asked my attorney does the guy ever get anything/catch a brake in this garbage. She said rarely but sometimes it works out laughing a little. I said let's hear it. This was one of her clients story.

Young couple meets at TAMU sophomore year. Get married right after graduation. His family is loaded Dad is a successful surgeon, her's not so much.

Guy wants to follow in his fathers footsteps and goes to medical school. She's going to be a teacher. Dad offers the wife to get her masters (education) on him if she wished. She got one. To keep the kids motivated the Dad made them take out student loans for the extra education with the caveat that he would pay off the loans when the degrees were completed. He was also very generous to them $$$ while his son was in school and they lived a pretty good life.

In his last year of his residency the guy sensed something was wrong with his wife/marriage. He hired a PI to do a little snooping around. She was having an affair with one of their mutual friends. He was a teacher like she was. The guy was in his wedding party. Apparently it had been going on for a year. She also had a PO Box he didn't know about. She used it to send credit card bills to that he didn't know about.

With no kids he decided getting a divorce was the best thing for him to do. He ends up in her law office and ends up my attorneys client.

She said the guy was cool, just wanted it to be over. Just felt like he was taken for a ride with her, just wants out. Attorney does her work and finds out all the student loans and their credit debt was close to $700,000. Most of the debt was school related but a considerable chunk was her ghost credit cards.

The day she got served he moved out. He took everything he wanted, left the rest there. Never went back. She refused to admit she was having an affair until he gave her all the evidence. Of course she begged for mercy and forgiveness realizing the gravy train was over. Gave him the "let's have a baby" routine like that would fix things. It wasn't until she hired an attorney of her own that 1/2 of that $700,000 was hers. Dad's promise to pay it off is not a legal binding contract. Her parents begged him and his family to make them reconsider taking her back. Wasn't happening.

They sign the final papers and she and her parents were all crying, he walked away smiling.

I asked what ever happened to him. She scrolled through her emails saying I have to read you the email he sent me awhile back.

He had finished up his residency and was working with his Dad. He was doing very well and already was seeing another gal. The ex's family had to liquidate practically everything they owned to help the daughter cover her "mistake". Turns out the guy having the affair with bailed out on her because he wanted no part of her anymore. He ends the email saying the pic attached was a gift from my Dad when the dust settled.

It was him and a smoking hot chick standing next to a brand new Porsche.
                    A gift from Dad for saving him $350,000. I can still see the smile on his face.

Every time I see Shawshank Redemption when Andy climbs out of the pipe and throws his arms in the air I am reminded of that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      After 18 years my ex will have to find a way to pay for her own horse feed and beer. I never had a problem one supporting my son, but the days of undermining and relationship sabotage are over. (well, probably not over just not funded be me) For all you younger guys out there just staring out, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now to go shopping for that boat.
                      i remember that day, July 24th 2017

Comment

Working...
                      X