Dog Harness for walks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    IMO harness' put all the control in the dogs favor. I cannot control my sons Lab with the harness on. He is able to pull me too much. Not a well behaved dog.
    The harness they use is a "Kong". Well made and easy to slip on.
    There's a reason sled dogs have harnesses that go around their body...

Pinch collars work well or a specifically designed no-pull harness, if you are having a lot of problems a few training sessions with a professional are money well spent.

Comment

I noticed you asked for harness recommendations, not training tips.....

Most everything Ruffwear brand is nice. I have a couple harnesses and packs, they all seem to be well made and comfortable for your dog.

The Front Range Harness is a padded everyday dog harness that is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. A key piece of gear for canines embarking on a life of adventure with their humans, the harness features two leash attachment options: an aluminum V-ring centered on the dog's back for everyday walks, and r

Ray Allen also makes bad *** working line dog handling equipment. If you like the Military/police look. Also they embroider collars. The harnesses might not fit an Aussie though.

Buy tactical police K9 gear, military dog gear and K9 trainer supplies including bite suits, collars, harnesses, leashes and kennels. Mil-Spec K9 equipment since 1948.
      Last edited by JoseyWales82; 05-28-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

We have Kong and Ruffwear harnesses and they’re both great

Comment

Lol this thread is a mess.

The guy asked for harness help with an 11 year old dog. I doubt he's worried about changing her behavior at this point just making it easier on both himself and the dog (which I believe has been mentioned a few times).

And for reference we/I use the pinch collar on our young high drive griff so I'm not discrediting their use. I'm sure at some point she'll end up with a harness when necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X